Banner Saga 2 - Better than the Original

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Gameinformer lists four reasons why The Banner Saga 2 is better than the original game:

The Banner Saga 2

Four Reasons The Sequel Is Better Than The Original

Stoic’s original Banner Saga set up a planned trilogy of strategy titles that explore the state of a Norse fantasy world after all its gods have died. The company’s sophomore release continues this tragic tale while improving on the compelling strategy framework of the first game. After getting six hours of hands-on time with the near-finished product, we’re more eager than ever to see how this journey comes to a close. Here are four ways Stoic has improved its epic Norse strategy series.

1. Story is still king [...]
  2. A second caravan [...]
  3. Enter the horseborn [...]
  4. Combat has evolved [...]
More information.

story was trash.
pretty hard to mess it up worse

I was going to give the sequel a pass, but it sounds very promising. If the combat is good, who cares about the story?

I would pre-order but not on gog; while I have lots of steam games I prefer to keep 'series' on the same platform and the first one I have is on gog. My guess is they will wait 6 months or a year to offer it on gog; so maybe if I still have an interest and there is a 50% sale (to justfiy the long wait) I'll buy it. Then again if they reverse and offer it at release on gog I'll happily pay full price; really liked the first one.

The first one was 'okay', but I didn't understand the hype it got. Yes, it was different, and the music was decent for an indie, but the story and combat was only moderately engaging to me.

I'll play the second, but only at discount.

Back
Top Bottom