Consortium: The Tower - Greg Zeschuk Interview

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Greg Zeschuk (former Bioware founder) decided to talk to Gamespot about why he's supporting Consortium: The Tower and offered his thoughts on the game and the Fig platform. The game is now live on Fig and currently at $139k out of a 300k goal at time of writing.

One of the industry's RPG luminaries, BioWare co-founder Greg Zeschuk, has come forward to invest in the game and sing its praises. We recently spoke with Zeschuk about the game to ask what drew him--and his wallet--to the project. He also told us why he thinks Fig, which offers both rewards-based backing and equity investment opportunity, is the right fit for the game.

Not only was Zeschuk already friendly with developers at Interdimensional, including its CEO Greg MacMartin, but he also truly believes in The Tower and what it's trying to do.

"I know the developers pretty well; an awfully long time; 15 years or so. Beyond that, the product I think is really interesting. The game's branching narrative structure is something I think is really cool and this is a different flavor of it," he said. "The other thing is, I think this is a game that should get made. It's something that's going to be unique and stand out. I think it's really going to impress people in terms of the depth of the gameplay."

Zeschuk adds that he trusts the team at Interdimensional to "get it done and do a good job."

The Tower, a sequel to 2014's well-received PC game Consortium, is a single-player, first-person sci-fi game that takes place (almost) exclusively within a structure called the Churchill Tower in London 2042. All the core mechanics, interface systems, and gear from the original are back, but this time with an "all new scope."
More information.

Seems to be ticking up nicely, this time around.

If anyone is interested, I got some specific links that are supposed to give you a discount, from being a "super backer".

Thank You! You’ve pledged, now three of your friends can get a discount. They’ll get up to $10 off of the $50 CONSORTIUM ROOK Bundle or higher by using single use codes in these links (their discount is applied in the second step of the pledge flow with an automatically selected discount Extra under the Bundle).

Because most of current money is from investors, to be precise the 100k part.

That's fine by me. I've always thought that the idea of backers being treated as proper investors was a good one.

How well did the first game sell ?

~86k before they had a free weekend prior to The Tower KS campaign.

It didn't really have any marketing and released on a December 21st, but achieved x25 the number of KS backers in sales.

Last edited:
The game was $20 on Steam in 2014, that means about ~$14 in the dev's pocket, but it had quite a few %50 off sales too and a free weekend (where you kept the game) in that.

So around $800k is probably accurate.

Back
Top Bottom