Banner Saga 2 - Preview @ Entertainment Buddha

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Entertainment Buddha checked out the upcoming caravan RPG Banner Saga 2:

It's the End of the World as we know it...

The Banner Saga, as well as being subject to one of the most ridiculous lawsuits in history, was a smash hit indie debut from the veteran game makers at Stoic. Fondly remembered for its breathtaking visual style, stirring musical score and surprisingly deep storyline, The Banner Saga also surprised many gamers with its compelling take on strategic turn-based combat.

Now, full disclosure, The Banner Saga is also one of my favorite games of all time (what can I say? I love me some Vikings) so while noone was suprised a sequel was in the works, I was unbelievably psyched to get my hands on a preview consisting of a handful of new, compelling chapters that I get to share with y’all right now.

[...]

Still, The Banner Saga 2 retains the originals ability to enthrall with its storyline and the haunting beauty of its artwork. The scene pictured above, where you must lead your people over a immense crack in the earth itself, is easily one of the most memorable I’ve experienced in recent years and instantly reminded me of everything I loved about the original. On the strength of that alone I want to recommend picking up this game as soon as it’s released but while that’s an easy statement to make for long-time fans of the franchise I do worry that the continuous flow from the original and unchanged gameplay may put off some players, old and new alike, from picking this up full price. In some ways it does feel more like an Episode 2 rather then a full sequel.

I’ll reserve final judgement until the full game hits in a couple of weeks but suffice to say for now I am pumped to see more and if, like me, you are a fan of the original I can only say that this sequel definitely does not disappoint.
More information.

This statement here makes me a bit wary: "In some ways it does feel more like an Episode 2 rather then a full sequel."

I usually don't buy single episodes of games and wait for them to be "finished". I see that this can be a problem for a developer, if they depend on the sales of their episodes to go on, but I really dislike unfinished stuff.

This statement here makes me a bit wary: "In some ways it does feel more like an Episode 2 rather then a full sequel."

I usually don't buy single episodes of games and wait for them to be "finished". I see that this can be a problem for a developer, if they depend on the sales of their episodes to go on, but I really dislike unfinished stuff.
Well the series was advertised as a three part trilogy on Kickstarter if it was funded. Also some new information was released about a gold edition after all three episodes.

Banner Saga 'Gold Edition' trilogy pack

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/banner-saga-gold-edition-trilogy-pack-banner-saga-3

Banner Saga 2 pre-sales

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/banner-saga-2-pre-sales-far-exceed-first-game-says-stoic

Back
Top Bottom