Banner Saga 2 - Interview @ Game Watcher

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Game Watcher has interviewed Arnie Jorgensen, the Art Director at Stoic and John Watson, the Tactical Director of Stoic.

[...]

GameWatcher: The Training does seem expanded a lot, I don’t even remember using it in the first game!

Arnie Jorgensen:
A lot of people went in, tried it, and never went back. But now going through the different scenarios nets you a lot of Renown too.

John Watson:
We’re trying to give players access to the information that may have been hidden previously, such as a lot of the advanced interactions between units.

Arnie Jorgensen:
After that we hope players will take this information and apply it to their Hero units. The Training tent is also where you convert Clansmen to Fighters so it’s a lot more important to TBS2 than it was before. Testers have been saying that we seem to have sanded off the rough edges from the first Saga too. We’re hoping players come in to TBS2 thinking that it’s got all the things they like from the first game but a lot more polished.

GameWatcher:
I can definitely say that I was one of those who bumbled through the first game’s combat…

Arnie Jorgensen: Yeah, we’ve seen plenty of people get way late into the game and still not know why shots missed for example, so we dropped the ball a little on that. We’re really making a concerted effort to teach players the game a little better. We also want to do it through the story more organically. Instead of a big tooltip popping up we introduce players to new systems through the characters.

GameWatcher: It’s still the on-rails style of the first game of course, but in TBS2 do players have any additional choice over which way to go?

Arnie Jorgensen: It’s similar to the first one. You head to the same locations but how things play out there is entirely up to you and the decisions you’ve made along the way. I think if we had another team working on this we could start diverging but it would be a lot of work for a tiny team like Stoic to do that!

[...]
More information.

Back
Top Bottom