Himeko Sutori - On Kickstarter again

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Nathaniel Ayer launched a new Kickstarter campaign for the JRPG Himeko Sutori today:

Himeko Sutori: a turn-based, tactical, Japanese-style RPG

An epic adventure putting you in control of 100+ unique heroes in tactical turn-based battles.

In a small kingdom on a vast continent, a family is torn apart by civil war. Alliances are made and broken as scheming noble families manipulate events to their advantage. A secretive group, sworn to defend the world, falls apart as dark armies march through undefended portals. Three princesses, feared dead, raise an army gathered from all walks of life: a farmer, a teacher, a sworn retainer, a refugee. Every survivor of every battle grows stronger, until a mighty army stands ready to punish those who caused this suffering. But what use is the bloodshed, if the heroes fight for impossible goals? Noble ambitions might do nothing more than prolong the war. But maybe somehow victory can still be found, depending on how it is defined.

That is what Himeko Sutori will be. The game has come a long way already and has already been approved for sale via Steam Greenlight.

[...]
More information.

Good Luck Nathaniel - tactical & turn based sounds good to me.

Last edited:
Turn based but the realization is like a cart that is to be pulled by a three legged donkey suffering from typhoid and you the owner must push the car constantly.

Ahhh... if only being TB could be enough to make any game a good one....

Thanks very much everyone! I think we're actually ready this time. I learned a lot, and we've accomplished a lot in the last year, and now I'm not going it alone. We still have a long road, but we are in alpha now. We actually have a working build that someone could download, install, and play through. Most of the trailer is actually taken from that alpha.

No one knows the future, and we'll just have to wait and see how things go, but I think we're off to a great start, and I think we'll hit at least a stretch goal or two.

Good luck this time! I pledged again.
I don't understand the kickstarter numbers though, says $6476 pledged, but adding up all the pledges in the list it amounts to about $1500, why the difference?

Good luck this time! I pledged again.
I don't understand the kickstarter numbers though, says $6476 pledged, but adding up all the pledges in the list it amounts to about $1500, why the difference?

It appears 3 backers have not even claimed a reward tier. Kind of strange that there's such a large discrepancy (almost $4000 pledged between 3 people and none of them even want the game?).... Perhaps some of the other backers pledged higher than their reward tier though.

Anyway, good luck with the KS, Nathaniel, looks like it'll definitely make it. I'm not sure whether this game is something I'd like yet.

A few of my backers are close friends and family. They asked what they could do, I asked them to check out the Kickstarter, and they ended up being a lot more generous than I expected. I don't want to say no to them, but at the same time I'm aware that it raises questions.

I do have to say though that we are definitely building a community around the game, and that most of the backers are people who heard about the game from forums, Twitter, and elsewhere.

It's good to have friends and family standing by your side.
I suggest to make a special tier for them.
An inn at the game for example.

Back
Top Bottom