Divinity: Original Sin II - Larian@PAX East

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new kickstarter update from Larian who are currently at PAX East.

What's new?
The demo showcases some of Divinity: Original Sin 2's new features, including new skills, elemental interactions, and art. Use your Source powers to bless or curse surfaces, and make use of vertical combat to pick off enemies from a vantage point.

bac327cc8c30a2a45784634fd0493023_original.jpg

In Divinity: Original Sin 2, you can use ladders, ledges, and floors to your advantage in combat.

Not going to PAX?
Never fear! Some great channels will be hosting live-streams and videos of the game. Check out the line-up below:

Friday, April 22- HotPapperGaming (YouTube)

Saturday, April 23- Eat My Diction (YouTube)

Friday, Saturday, Sunday (April 22-24) - Bikeman (Twitch, 3 p.m. EST)
Also you can vote on the gog hero

More information.

Oh, new hotbar à-la Dragon Age Origin.

Also, a more vertical maps. That could be good or bad. I mean good for my party when I'm on higher position and bad or my party when I'm not.

Recently tried this original idiocy part 1 EE at friends and I found it unplayable. Doubt Part 2 will get any more playtime from me..

Recently tried this original idiocy part 1 EE at friends and I found it unplayable. Doubt Part 2 will get any more playtime from me..

I'm surprised you didn't like it. Its turn based and had a very clean U.I. I finished it and enjoyed it, though the subpar story, companions, and npcs keep it from being one of my favorites. It might have been better as a dungeon crawler.

The internets frequently confuse McDonald's and 5 star dining too.

I will buy this on release day. I had over 130 hours in the first DOS, it's one of the top 5 greatest RPGs of all time.

I'd like to have *all 3* "GOG Heroes" ! :lol:

You into amateur dramatics mercy? D:OS wasn't the best thing since sliced bread but it wasn't an idiocy nor was it unplayable.

Except for Action-RPG fans, maybe.

For some people I could see it being unplayable. As you had to think during the game, it wasn't handed to you.

And the world cried in desperation… Random guy who 'tried a game at friends' did not like it and won't 'try' the sequel… In other news, over a million people enjoyed the game and will certainly pay for D:OS 2.

Perhaps he was referring to the "humor" and general tone. It was a turn off for me as well but the rest of the game was good enough to enjoy it.

And sneaking mod was a must :)

For some people I could see it being unplayable. As you had to think during the game, it wasn't handed to you.

Well, any tactical game like DOS is the direct opposite to MMO PvP, for example ...

I enjoyed D:OS - logged over 200 hours...but I did feel there was too much dependence on environmental/surface effects - that was what made fights 'hard'. And often killed you after you'd won the fight when the TB combat concluded suddenly. I would like that fixed/improved before they add yet more stuff like tactical height advantage. Every fight should not be an epic mission, because you are fighting all the time and it then becomes tedious/grindy...if I wanted that I'd play Dark Souls :biggrin:

I think they did an incredible job with the combat system and the relationship/banter between your two player characters was very innovative. I also have to admit I really enjoy Larian's worlds and some of their randomness. The story did kind of get lost of me near the end-game and I haven't finished it yet. The story seemed to become a tad convoluted, though I haven't tried it since the Enhanced rewrite.

Anyway, I was a backer and am a backer for OS II, which I am certain I will really enjoy as well.

Back
Top Bottom