Fallout 4 - Far Harbor Trailer

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In case you can't get enough of Fallout 4, here is the Far Harbor trailer for the 3rd Fallout 4 DLC, that will be available in two weeks.

We've just released the official trailer for Fallout 4's third add-on, Far Harbor, which will be available worldwide on Thursday, May 19 across Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC for $24.99.

In Far Harbor, a new case from Valentine's Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost?

Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that Bethesda Game Studios has ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.

More information.

Is it standalone DLC that won't mess the core game like AC:Freedom Cry which was also huge land/sea mass openworld but didn't touch the main game?

As is standard with Bethesda DLC, it will introduce a couple new weapons, some new abilities/perks, some more kill-everything-over-there "quests", and be completely forgettable in terms of story.

Not sure what you mean by touching the main game - you mean in terms of choice/consequence? Seeing as how the main game didn't touch the main game in that department, it would be a miracle if it did.

I suspect it won't interfere with the main game that much. Voice overs often limit a lot of this since any dialogue that might reference it would have to be added. I just hope you can bring existing companions - even if most likely they would not get any dialogue added. At the very least dogmeat - at least he doesn't require any more lines :)

Very excited for this - looks awesome. Reminds me a little of the area of Maine from the Secret World MMO I played. Has that Stephen King isolated Maine town feeling - all creepy.

Sounds like a lot of fun as well - with new factions, story, places to explore, and building on my character's personal story as I role play through the new add-on. Also I am sure it will give some more resources to the GECK and modders which is always nice.

Not sure what you mean by touching the main game
I mean will stuff from it be added in the main game so I replay FO4 by fetching some OP weapon in DLC land immediately then return to vanilla part and oneshot every deathclaw although my hero is only level 3.

Or it'll be what happens in the new part, stays in the new part and can't be used outside of it?

Honestly, that New Frontier mod seems a lot more interesting.
"The main game didn't touch the main game"...now there's a funny image.
Eh, is that Skyrim chaurus? What's it doing here?

Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Solomon, where higher levels of filth have created a more feral world.

The video even makes it looks like a more HQ The Secret World. It is missing a zombie or two though oh and draugrs.

The setting looks interesting, and some of those new monsters seem pretty cool.

I've got too many games to play though lately, plus the new Doom releases 6 days before Far Harbor…

Wasn't this released in 2009 and it was callled Point Lookout then?

I rather predict that this will have a Cthulhu like feel to the story, similar to both Point Lookout and Dragonborn. Both DLCs made for rather odd combinations, though I really enjoyed them, so am hoping this will be great also.

I mean will stuff from it be added in the main game so I replay FO4 by fetching some OP weapon in DLC land immediately then return to vanilla part and oneshot every deathclaw although my hero is only level 3.

In past, most DLC weapons have been able to be brought back into the game as in the New Vegas DLC's. That said, don't you think it's silly that you think a level 3 character would be able to complete this DLC? Kind of an absurd question.

Doesn't look like Fallout to me at all. Looks like a reworked skin for Point Lookout; that ridiculous swamp DLC for Fallout 3 where the denizens somehow had natural armour stronger than Power Armour. Not particularly impressed.

Well I'll be the usual ray of sunshine amongst negative replies, and say I can't wait to play this expansion. As more fallout 4 content is never a bad thing in my book.:]

The nut and the potato are in agreement. Hard to argue with a couple vegetables :biggrin:

Looking forward to this too. More Fallout 4 locations to explore with Terrence my Robot companion!

Does this mean Bethesda will now be focusing more of their attention on the other ip's they're working on since the dlc is done? x's fingers

Does this mean Bethesda will now be focusing more of their attention on the other ip's they're working on since the dlc is done? x's fingers
I wouldn't be surprised if work hadn't already begun on Elder Scrolls 6, or soon to be anyway. Regardless, get ready for increasing amounts ES6 rumours/hoaxes/fake websites/general disgruntlement between now and it's (possible?) release. We won't be hearing anything official for a long time, however.

Well they have a second round of two more DLc's and new expansion. Anyway I don't doubt they are working on another game as that's how business has always worked.

Back
Top Bottom