Kathy Rain - Review @ Destructoid

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Destructoid has reviewed the Point & Click Adventure Kathy Rain:

'I'm gonna haul ass to Lollapalooza!'

Every great modern detective has a vehicle that sums them up in a visual nutshell. Morse had the Jag, Columbo had that Peugeot deathtrap, Jack Irish had the Studebaker for a while, and to a lesser extent, the Scooby Gang had the Mystery Machine.

Kathy Rain is no different; storming around the quiet town of Conwell Springs on the back of her customised chopper, a.k.a. The Katmobile, in an effort to solve a decade's old mystery. But between all that functional aggression on display, there was an unexpected beauty in the framework and fragility in its rider. Now, I might be skipping to the end of the ride here (if only to stop the puns), but Kathy Rain might just be the best adventure game I've played in a long time.

[…]

No hyperbole, Kathy Rain is yet another milestone in this resurgence of old-school point-and-click adventures. It’s a fantastic thriller, a remarkably deep and adult story about grief, transition, religion, and the personal decisions that make or break us, while being an engrossing adventure game for veterans and newcomers alike. I'd make a terrible bike pun here, but I've got nothing. I just hope Miss Rain comes roaring back with another mystery, real soon.

Score: 9/10 - Superb
More information.

I have bought this - I love oldschool adventures!

Back
Top Bottom