STO - Agents of Yesterday Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@GameBanshee With the 50th anniversary of Star Trek coming up Star Trek Online have decided to announce a brand new content expansion titled "Agents of Yesterday". Star Trek Online executive producer Stephen Ricossa has written a letter to the community outlining his thoughts on the expansion.

[...]

From the letter:

Agents of Yesterday will allow players to create a new captain in Star Trek: The Original Series era and will set them on an adventure featuring classic story lines, locations, celebrities, and era-appropriate starships. In 2270, the year following the third season of the original series, the player will adventure with Walter Koenig, reprising his role of Chekov, and Chris Doohan, filling in for his father as Scotty. There is a new threat to the security of the Federation, and they are invading with hopes of overwhelming the past to destroy our future.

In addition to the ability to create a brand new Star Trek: The Original Series Starfleet captain, we will be introducing a new episode arc for players of every faction, the Temporal Initiative Resistance Reputation, a Temporal Operative Primary Specialization along with brand new Bridge Officer powers. Players who create their captains during the first six weeks of launch will also be able to participate in the new Temporal Agent Recruitment system for bonus personal and account-wide rewards, a new iteration of the popular Delta Recruitment system that released a year ago. This release is packed with content to keep you engaged in the classic Star Trek: The Original Series era - and beyond.
More information.

There was a time I thought I'll buy the damned lifetime subscription on STO.

Thanks to my hidden graphics whore personality, I didn't.
Just kidding. I couldn't bare the boxes/keys scandal. It still doesn't mean that in today's PC's whatever number anniversary that game shouldn't get graphics overhaul instead of more milk_em stuff.

I was in the beta and LOVED the game. Challenging space battles, nice missions, etc. But there were some vocal people in the beta forums saying the game was too difficult. Just a couple of weeks before release they go and totally dumbed down combat, it was so bad that I posted a video to show how stupid it was, I basically finished most missions just putting a weight in the 'attack' button (literally). Before the change, battles were awesome, you had to move tactically to the best use of your weapons, rotate the ship so different shields got hit, etc. I was devastated by the change so I decided not to buy it. I learned that later they added some difficulty settings, but the damage to me was done.

Back
Top Bottom