Sega - Investigating Shenmue 1 and 2 remasters

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Gematsu reports that Sega is looking into a Shenmue and Shenmue II HD remaster.

Sega is "currently investigating" how to make Shenmue and Shenmue II HD remasters a reality, the latest Sega Central video reveals.

Answering a fan question about whether the two remasters could ever happen, Sega community manager Dan Sheridan responded in the video: "With regards to Shenmue I and II HD, of course we would love to release these tomorrow. Sadly, it's not as simple as porting the games to current platforms as we will need to ensure that any HD remaster lives up to the quality of the original titles. And with games as immersive as Shenmue I and II, there are further complications from licensed products that were included in the original games. That said, we'd love to do it and are currently investigating how to make it a reality."
More information.

Meh.
If remaster is complicated, remake them.

I'd love to hear how you managed to do that, Couch? Because Shenmue is Dreamcast exclusive and Shenmue 2 was only ported to Xbox. ;)

Haven't played either of these myself, but I support the kickstarter for the new upcoming game and I'd play these if they made them for current computers.

I'd love to hear how you managed to do that, Couch? Because Shenmue is Dreamcast exclusive and Shenmue 2 was only ported to Xbox. ;)
Wrong reply meant for a different thread, and severe lack of sleep.:blush:

Edit: You can play Shenmue on the PC with an Emulator though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom