Fallout 4 - Guide to Survival Mode

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
TechRaptor's Robert Grosso gives us a quick guide to surviving the trials ad tribulations of Fallout 4's new Survival mode. Here are his tips and tricks in making it through the Commonwealth, including weapon and armor consideration, settlement ideas, and suggested perks to consider for your survival playthrough:

Surviving the Commonwealth:
A Guide To Fallout 4's Survival Mode

With the release of Fallout 4's new and improved survival mode, we have seen the game take on a whole new life and playstyle that is quickly catching the attention of Fallout fans. Survival mode is the hardcore, survivalist standard that only a series like Fallout can bring us; the implementation of hardcore mode in Fallout: New Vegas for example, was a great addition that added layers of complexity to a playthrough that changed the face of the entire game. The Fallout 4 survival mode tries to up the ante further, creating a simulation environment for the first time in the RPG series.

This is mostly achieved by eliminating all saving and fast travelling, something the New Vegas hardcore mode didn’t have. It is now a strategic challenge in Fallout 4, a chance to really show your abilities to survive the harsh conditions of the Commonwealth wasteland. With Far Harbor also being released, it is a chance for players to get into their groove before exploring a new zone, provided they have the skill and patience to contend with survival mode.

[...]
More information.

NO saving? So if you die, you start from scratch? I don't need that kind of masochism. How about saving only at your home base? That'd still be quite a challenge to limp back home to heal and save.

Huh. I thought I read that you can save at a bed, but maybe they changed it? No saving makes no sense at all. Limited saving is good with me.

From the article:

"No more auto-save or save anywhere, can only save your progress at a bed or mattress."

I have been playing this since it came out. Have a lot of hours in it and really enjoy it - did a couple write-ups of it in the FO section with just my impressions as I went through the first stages. I have adapted very well to it and they did a nice job with it.

Back
Top Bottom