Moonlighter - Funded and into stretchgoals

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Moonlighter is an action rpg with rogue lite elements which focuses on Will, a shopkeeper who aspires to be a hero. The game has been promoted by the Square Enix Collective and has already funded on kickstarter. Moonlighter is currently focusing on stretch goals, which with 25 days to go, will be interesting to see how many the developers are willing to do.

We're finishing the first week of Moonlighter's campaign, and we've already reached the 152% of our goal! Thank you all!

Now, let's talk a bit more about the amazing Stretch Goals that you've unlocked:

Thematic armor sets

Each Realm will have its own unique special armor set. This armor will be available only after defeating the Realm's boss, and getting the necessary items to craft it.

We want each armor set to feel very related to its culture. Here you have some early concepts:

We want each armor set to feel very related to its culture. Here you have some early concepts:

9477217ba6d16572e1ceb44cf14414d4_original.png

Special shop: The Hawker

The Hawker is a mysterious character that will visit Rynoka unfrequently. He carries strange items from unknown places, that will be available for sale at high prices.

Will probably can't find this kind of objects anywhere else, so it is important for him to reach the Hawker on each of his visits to the village!

Here you have some early sketches about how the Hawker's shop will look like:

8a27b5830803f86d85ad1b3e6fd596ef_original.png

Any feedback will be, as always, welcome! Thank you again for your support!
More information.

What is the Square Enix Collective, and why is anything connected to Square Enix asking for money on Kickstarter rather than getting money from Square Enix?

What is the Square Enix Collective, and why is anything connected to Square Enix asking for money on Kickstarter rather than getting money from Square Enix?

http://collective.square-enix.com/about

Basically Square Enix helps these guys gather a community, get feedback on their game, get publicity, these guys keep their ip etc

What is Collective?

Collective is a curated platform that enables creators to post ideas, and gamers to judge whether those ideas should become reality or not. If an idea is supported by the community, we may offer to support the project through crowdfunding as well, via Indiegogo or Kickstarter. Essentially, we’re trying to help small teams build awareness of their ideas, and ultimately self-publish – while retaining IP and full creative control.

What's in it for developers?

Get your game ideas out there – showcase your project pitches to a dedicated, core gaming community and get feedback on your plans. Talk directly to the people who could be the ones to fund or buy your game, and start building momentum behind your game idea.

The Collective process is split into three parts; Feedback, Funding and Distribution – but it’s important to understand that you’ll always retain IP and complete creative control over your projects, and at each stage it’s up to you whether or not you want to work with us.

http://collective.square-enix.com/about

Basically Square Enix helps these guys gather a community, get feedback on their game, get publicity, these guys keep their ip etc
Yep I covered a few games on the Square Enix Collective last year. It's a shame that most that get picked have not been released, or funded on IndieGoGo & Kickstarter.

As for this game it just doesn't interest me.:)

Yep I covered a few games on the Square Enix Collective last year. It's a shame that most that get picked have not been released, or funded on IndieGoGo & Kickstarter.

As for this game it just doesn't interest me.:)

Fear Effect got on kickstarter which seems decent. There are a few others that almost click with me. I'm not sure about this one but it could be interesting. Always good to try something different every now and then.

Back
Top Bottom