Morrowind - Skywind June Update

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Skywind Mod progress for June. Video is from the private developer Alpha.

A small update trailer featuring some of the latest work from the Skywind team! Everything shown is but a small fraction of work done on Skywind over the last few months. Music, voice acting, sound effects, quest implementation, bug fixes, etc. couldn't be shown properly in this video, but are being developed along side the visual progress. All footage shown is from the private developer alpha and is subject to change.
More information.

Last edited:
I hope that this project will reach successful conclusion but if it will, it would make it the single exception from the rule.

If they pull it off it would be an extraordinary achievement. Almost a full AAA game created through community cooperation.

I hope that this project will reach successful conclusion but if it will, it would make it the single exception from the rule.

I have not played it myself but according to the TESRenewal site, the Morroblivion mod appears to be a fully playable finished version of Morrowind in the Oblivion engine. So Skywind would be the second complete Morrowind mod to succeed.

Here

» What's changed? Last time I checked in on the project, it was a mess and nothing worked.

Today, Morroblivion is a fully playable, working game world. Quests, NPCs, creatures, items, and graphical features all have been painstakingly converted, upgraded and/or created by hand to bring a true-to-the-original experience that takes advantage of many of Oblivion's advanced features. Read here for information on the history of the 5+ years of work on the Morroblivion project.
Current Status (version 0.64)

• Morrowind: 100% of the main Morrowind game has been completed, and is fairly well debugged (details here). There is very little that gets in the way of a complete Morrowind experience.
  • Tribunal: Main quest is 99% complete (with the exception of some creature models) and playable. Sidequests are 100% complete.
  • Bloodmoon: All quests are complete, including main questline, East Empire Company questline and various sidequests.

At first glance I thought they were just importing Morrowind textures and stuff into Skyrim but it looks like they are doing all of the stuff from ground up! Bloody impressive.

Yes am looking forward to it too. I don't recall when it's going to be set, interesting to see what they're doing quest wise.

Re Morroblivion… It's very well done and is basically MW in the OB engine - so some pros, a few cons, but I've played and enjoyed it quite a bit. I've still got MW installed but haven't fired it up in a while tbh. Here are some screen you may recognize if you're a fan

Caius looking buff, note the skooma pipe

Getting off the boat

Arrille's trade house

A friendly Ordinator

Ald Ruhn

Inside the giant crab

Approaching either Khuul or Ald Velothi. Solsthiem in the background

The map

-kwm

Last edited:
Yes am looking forward to it too. I don't recall when it's going to be set, interesting to see what they're doing quest wise.

Re Morroblivion… It's very well done and is basically MW in the OB engine - so some pros, a few cons, but I've played and enjoyed it quite a bit. I've still got MW installed but haven't fired it up in a while tbh. Here are some screen you may recognize if you're a fan

Caius looking buff, note the skooma pipe

Getting off the boat

Arrille's trade house

A friendly Ordinator

Ald Ruhn

Inside the giant crab

Approaching either Khuul or Ald Velothi. Solsthiem in the background

The map

-kwm

WoW, I have to try this now.... didn't know it was this advanced...

Back
Top Bottom