Mass Effect: Andromeda - Ryder is Different

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Mass Effect: Andromeda's protagonist, Ryder (named for Sally Ride, the first American woman in space), will be a bit different from Shepard, the developers say.

The protagonist in Mass Effect: Andromeda, Ryder, is not a hero — at least not yet. BioWare Creative Director Mac Walters said that, unlike with Shepard’s story, Mass Effect: Andromeda follows the more traditional hero’s journey.

“Commander Shepard, the way I put it was, a hero (when we met them — him or her) who became a legend,” Walters told IGN. “For me, the people in Andromeda’s story are people who haven’t yet achieved hero status.
Read more.

More information.

Last edited:
Like.

Laughing stock game this will be after key developers departed company, who made the Mass Effect we loved..

well…it looks perfect, much better that one in your avatar pic:biggrin:

Ok, sorry, I'm going to delete my profile now, never post anything again, so stay cool and happy.

Well, a profile pic with perfect symmetry isn't for everybody! ;)

I for one approve of sexy asian chicks avatars. :p
For ME:A, this is good, but DA II..eh. what's to say? Hope we don't get another James Vega punching contest here.

Just a note, it is Sally Ride, not Sally Ryder.

Ok, sorry, I'm going to delete my profile now, never post anything again, so stay cool and happy.

Do not let others make you feel guilty in an attempt to hide their own lack of sense of humour.

Bioware has been consistently making ugly faces, especially female ones (with the exception of Morrigan, perhaps), and that Ryder nose is indeed hideous. Apparently, for Bioware the objective could be to make heroes look as "real" as possible, which automatically means "ugly", as if in real life we don't see beautiful people around. Heh.

Bioware has been consistently making ugly faces
Excuse me?

Actually Bioware was constantly pushing Hollywood plastic faces.
Any change into real face direction where someone didn't go through numerous operations to "fix" what needed no fixing in the first place is great news.

Do not let others make you feel guilty in an attempt to hide their own lack of sense of humour.

Bioware has been consistently making ugly faces, especially female ones (with the exception of Morrigan, perhaps), and that Ryder nose is indeed hideous. Apparently, for Bioware the objective could be to make heroes look as "real" as possible, which automatically means "ugly", as if in real life we don't see beautiful people around. Heh.

Hmm I think Ryder looks better than female and male Shepard. May be something wrong with my eye :)

However I agree on the general point that, Bioware is moving away from "good looking" females faces.

@joxer

Not at all.

Just see this Inquisition wiki page for romanceable characters and tell me which looks even remotely "beautiful"? Almost all of the (straight) guys on BSN complained about having to romance unpleasant and manly looking "females".

Hmm I think Ryder looks better than female and male Shepard. May be something wrong with my eye :)

However I agree on the general point that, Bioware is moving away from "good looking" females faces.

For me, both male and female Shepard looked tons better both in cinematics and in-game.

One look at Ryder and the first thing comes to mind is "something is wrong with that face". Either the developers don't have a sound knowledge of facial anatomy or they haven't really learned to properly represent good looking faces using the Frostbite engine. OR BOTH. :D

Almost all of the (straight) guys on BSN complained
BSN is trolls paradise. Except trolls party, the next major group there is whiners.

As for Dragon Age Bears game, I can't remember seeing any face that is real. All are completely symetric, just as if were Hollywood dolls escaped to a game after surgery.

Back
Top Bottom