Fallout 4 - Nuka-World DLC

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Fallout 4's upcoming Nuka-World DLC will let you play as a raider.

It's always bugged me that raiders in the Fallout 4 universe attack me on sight. No matter the situation, even if I'm dressed head-to-toe in their dirty, rusty armor, even if I'm essentially playing the game as raider scum—or at the very least a raider jerk—their only reaction to me is to immediately open fire. Rushing into combat against everyone you meet is a terrible recruitment tool. I'm filthy and angry, too, guys. Why can't I join your filthy, angry club?

That sounds like it may change in Fallout 4's upcoming Nuka-World DLC. The Steam store page is now live, and here's how it's described:

"Take a trip to Nuka-World, a vast amusement park now a lawless city of Raiders. Explore an all-new region with an open wasteland and park zones like Safari Adventure, Dry Rock Gulch, Kiddie Kingdom, and the Galactic Zone. Lead lethal gangs of Raiders and use them to conquer settlements, bending the Commonwealth to your will."

To which I say: rah. My dreams of being a raider, a legit raider, with real raider pals, might just come true. I'm hoping it won't simply be contained to the new region but spread game-wide, so I can be a raider all over the damn place. Maybe I can even attack all those settlements I spent hours building.

Nuka-World is $20 (oof), though it's included in the Season Pass if you bought one. We're told it's due out in August (though the store page says July, which I believe is incorrect). The Contraptions Workshop (coming June 21) and Vault-Tec Workshop (July) are also up as part of the Season Pass, or they can be bought individually for $5 each.
More information.

Many thanks for the link joxer - just a lazy excuse from their end.

Here is some more:
"Then we have an opportunity with something like Far Harbor like: okay, how many different ways can it end - let's give them some more choice," explains Howard. £So it's not just a one-off, meaning Fallout 4 comes out and then we forget about it - it's an ongoing thing. The feedback we get is really, really helpful."

Translation: we did not sell you the full game to allow you to side with factions, but we have added this as DLC!

I enjoyed FO4 more than a lot of folks around here, who seem to require a prepared narrative. If you give me a good sandbox, I'd prefer to create my own narrative.

In Oblivion, I took my free horse from that monk and rode off into the sunset, steering clear of all Oblivion gates. "Thanks for the horse, and have fun with your burning abbey."

In Skyrim, I didn't even like the stupid dragon shouts and dropped that questline right quick. "Thanks for the immersion-breaking shout I'll never use, old men, and have fun on your mountain."

While I liked FO4 more than many around here, the dialogues were indeed sucky and perhaps the worst aspect of the game.

Seems I'll delay my replay til August then.:disappointed:

Having said that it seems Fallout:NV had better DLC expansions.

Oh I did enjoy FO4! The only supernegative thing I found, trashrespawns, is easily fixable with a mod.

It still doesn't mean I'll buy DLC. I won't. It's not standalone, it's not separate and it adds things into the release game. FO4 is supposed to be RPG, not TCG.

If this can get me involved back into the game as well as Far Harbour did, then it will be good content. I'm willing to give it a try and listen to how it is reviewed.

Honestly, I am only interested in the story DLCs. Far Harbour was cool, though the massive fog was a bit irritating in the long run. Nuka World sounds cool too, but will skip the fancy schmancy stuff.

Back
Top Bottom