System Shock - New Screenshots

NOW!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!! I want this NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

System Shock is definitely one of the most underrated and undeveloped franchises of all time.

I've never played the original game and I don't know why I should play this one.
If I understood correctly the plot takes place on a single space station and you have no NPC interaction besides the SHODAN AI?

I've never played the original game and I don't know why I should play this one.
If I understood correctly the plot takes place on a single space station and you have no NPC interaction besides the SHODAN AI?

System Shock is hard to classify imo. It's sort of a action/adventure/RPG hybrid. It doesn't really have NPC interaction, but you find a lot of audio-visual logs of other people who were on the station.

It was absolutely fantastic for its time though and far more complex than most other first-person games back then. The only games that came close to it were Ultima Underworld 1&2. I think it's still very playable even today, but I'm glad they're remastering it.

Have you ever played the Bioshock games? Well those are basically dumbed-down successors to System Shock.

Have you ever played the Bioshock games? Well those are basically dumbed-down successors to System Shock.
No, I haven't. More or less for the same reasons I'm not really interested in System Shock. They seem to have too few of the features I consider necessary for an RPG.

I hate shooters, but I LOVE SS!! The game has an incredible atmosphere partly created by the sound effects and lighting and music that IMO, no other game has ever replicated!!

I usually just mod the heck out of SS2 but this... this is great. Cant wait.

And the first Bioshock was fine.

Well I am looking forward to this. Will probably play it on release, since i have yet to play the original (but did play SS2, and really liked it).

Back
Top Bottom