System Shock - Demo Patched and New Tier

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The System Shock kickstarter has a new update where they announce that the Demo has been patched to include grenades among other things. Additionally there is a new $100 physical tier that includes an art book and a giveaway for a System Shock Limited Edition Screen Print Poster & T-Shirt.

Pre-Alpha Demo Patch #1 Patch Notes

This patch, which is now live on Steam, contains the following fixes and improvements:

New Things

• Texture filtering has been applied. The textures around the station will appear smoother and less pixelated. Let us know what you think about this change as we would like your feedback on it.
  • Visual effects have been improved and as well the addition of explosion visual and sound effects.
  • Fragmentation grenades can now be thrown by the player. Right-click on the grenade from your inventory to throw or assign it to the hotbar and throw with the press of 1, 2, 3 or 4 on the keyboard.
  • "Staminup" patches, "BeserkBooster" patches, and Battery packs can now be used by the player by right-clicking on them in the inventory.
  • New melee attacks animations have been added. The Hacker will recoil when hitting a surface with the pipe.
Fixes

• Reduced the swing delay of the pipe.
  • Shortened pickup animations.
  • Music alterations applied to the backing music around the station.
  • Fixed a bug with game settings causing controls to lock when reloading the game.
  • Item descriptions have been improved for the items around the demo.
  • Various performance improvements.
More information.

Ironic. I just pledged this morning, and I was wishing there was a $100 tier. Now they come out with a $100 tier just a few hours after I backed them at $75. That art book looks kind of cool though, so I might upgrade.

It looks like they hit their goal. And they still have 18 days left. Pretty impressive.

Back
Top Bottom