Hero's Song - Now on Indiegogo

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Bargeral and Rune_74 informed us that the Action RPG Hero's Song is now on Indiegogo with flexible funding:

Hero's Song is a hardcore action RPG and uses the familiar click-to-move and attack controls of classic action RPGs like Diablo III or Path of Exile. Combat takes a more measured pace, giving you time to react to the intelligent tactics of your enemies and to thoughtfully deploy your wide variety of skills and abilities. True to its hardcore nature, combat in Hero's Song is dangerous and has very real consequences including the chance of permanent death. Friendly fire is always defaulted to "on", so positioning and precision are very important considerations. Death will come quickly if you think this is a simple clickfest.

-> Trailer

More information.

I backed the kickstarter and went ahead and did the Indiegogo. Cartoony diablo, I guess.

I think a bit more then diablo, really liked the video. The way the worlds get generated is really interesting.

"Hero's Song is a hardcore action RPG and uses the familiar click-to-move and attack controls of classic action RPGs like Diablo III or Path of Exile."

Quick and easy, this is all I needed to read to know I have zero interest in this game. Can't stand Diablo or Diablo like games. Enter room, killed endless mobs of monsters by nonstop clicking of mouse button, loot 800 weapons that dropped, spend 25 min. Going through 800 weapons to find the one that does .001 more dps, equip it, move to the next room and repeat. Ugh.

I know many people like these games but there just not for me.

Backed the failed kickstarter but I'm not a fan of indiegogo, so now I'll pass. I believe I'll just wait and see what others think of this one on launch, the whole action-thingie is a bit concerning to me as well.

"Hero's Song is a hardcore action RPG and uses the familiar click-to-move and attack controls of classic action RPGs like Diablo III or Path of Exile."

Quick and easy, this is all I needed to read to know I have zero interest in this game. Can't stand Diablo or Diablo like games. Enter room, killed endless mobs of monsters by nonstop clicking of mouse button, loot 800 weapons that dropped, spend 25 min. Going through 800 weapons to find the one that does .001 more dps, equip it, move to the next room and repeat. Ugh.

I know many people like these games but there just not for me.

There is a lot of cool things to like about how they generate the world, how your character can become a god etc, it's too bad you didn't read more, it's more then just a diablo clone.

Can't stand Diablo or Diablo like games. Enter room, killed endless mobs of monsters by nonstop clicking of mouse button, loot 800 weapons that dropped, spend 25 min. Going through 800 weapons to find the one that does .001 more dps, equip it, move to the next room and repeat. Ugh.

Love it!

I really want to like those types of games, I just can't. I've tried several, I just can't get into them.

They do say "combat takes a more measured pace." The video seems to show fewer enemies on screen at once. Maybe this will be the one, of course that's what I said about the last few I tried also.

I'd gladly pitch in $50 if it would guarantee Rothfuss would quit messing with video games and finish "Doors of Stone".

I am a bit confused... didn't they say they got a publisher after their failed kickstarter, so they wouldn't need to do another funding run ?

I am a bit confused… didn't they say they got a publisher after their failed kickstarter, so they wouldn't need to do another funding run ?

I was wondering that too. Wasn't going to back but then I read this …

Pixelmage Games has already raised $2.8M in investment. We estimate we're going to need an additional $200k to finish the game.

… so in my mind this is a low risk of failure project that is almost done. Basically, "funding as publicity" more than funding because they can't make the game without it. So a pre-order.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom