Ember - Release Day

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The RPG Ember will be released today:

Back in the earliest days, there was no sun and the world was dark. The heavens opened up and stars fell like beacons into the pitch black world, and they were known as “Embers”. Powerful and wise druids of a primordial race, “the Lightbringers," roamed the land searching for this luminous matter. They performed a ritual of awakening to call the “Embers” out of their deep sleep. Suddenly the world became bright, and the veil of darkness was lifted. The Embers were the embodiment of magical flame, light, and life, but as word spread about the sheer power of the Embers, they came to be hunted and captured…and so the War for Ember began...

• Classic-style RPG with 30+ hours of epic adventure
  • Epic storytelling filled with diverse gameplay enabling players to choose their path
  • Engaging party-based real-time combat system with tactical pause
  • Over 65 combat skills for the player to use in customized battle party strategy
  • Encounter hundreds of NPCs with their own tales to tell
  • In-depth crafting system, from baking bread to forging magic weapons
  • A seamless world with over 20 handcrafted environments and dark dungeons that are fully interactive and feature movable objects, weather changes and day/night cycles
  • Adventure with different companions with their own backstory quests
More information.

This went under my radar for far too long. Instabuy for me.
A small studio like this developing an single-player RPG must be supported.

The real time with pause combat will make me hesitate. Enjoy turn based so much more. It has to be a classic like Baldur's Gate for me to do real time with pause. I have only played Pillars of Eternity for about 20 hours because of the combat. I spent $500 on that damn game :)

Will wait to see some reviews. RTWP is more enjoyable for me.
Pillars of Eternity the story didn't catch me. I did make it to the end. (I found out that gold characters could safely be ignored which helped.)

The real time with pause combat will make me hesitate. Enjoy turn based so much more. It has to be a classic like Baldur's Gate for me to do real time with pause. I have only played Pillars of Eternity for about 20 hours because of the combat. I spent $500 on that damn game :)

WOW, just wow :D

WOW, just wow :D

Well I donated $500 for the kickstarter and got a bunch of goodies. The art book and some other things they sent me was really cool. I will most likely try it again because I read the Paladin class is not all that great.

I have cooled on Kickstarter after Pillars and a few other games I have backed. I don't think I have donated since Bards Tale 4.

Dang hat is a positive review. Graphically it reminded me of that failed game (the one that was suppose to be a nwn replacement - can't remember the name obviously).

Looks good. I will keep an eye out for reviews.

I bought it, too. Such games have to be supported. I have a two week holiday by the end of September and hope I can try it then.
Looks good and this just might be up my alley.

Graphically it reminded me of that failed game (the one that was suppose to be a nwn replacement - can't remember the name obviously).
Sword Coast Legends

looks good, i'm buying.

Main concern would be I didn't see any hold position or AI toggle button. Wondering how I'll maintain spacing and keep combat from becoming a jumbled mess but for $8-9 i think it's a no brainer to support the game.

I'm at work, but I plan on picking it up as well, even though I'm a single-character, single-player gamer. For $8.50, I'll buy just to support a new developer.

Thanks for this post, had no idea about this game, looks worth checking out!

Can I get some early impression on this please?
The thing seems charming, but is it really?

Back
Top Bottom