Unsung Story - Project Update #53

Aubrielle

Noveliste
In today's Kickstarter update for Unsung Story, Playdek announces that they have a new design partner, as yet unspecified, working with them to produce new content. More details are coming, apparently.

So, essentially, it's an announcement to say that an announcement is coming. Hmm.

Though it took a little longer than anticipated, we are happy to tell you that we have entered into a strategic agreement with a major company, who will be providing design work for the tactics game, as well as other Unsung branded games in the future. We have begun the collaboration process with them, and will start to see the fruits of those efforts over the next few months.

We will coordinate with them and make a formal announcement in the near future, but want you to know that this is in place and will have a positive impact on the gameplay, mechanics and overall delivery timeline for the beta and full release. We had hoped to have some design and art progress to show by this month, but we are just now getting the time we need to spend with our partner on the core mechanics and the game world and need to do this before providing updates with visual content progress. Rather than making estimates as to when we think content updates will be ready, we will stick to updating on the design progress more regularly, and then update you when we have a good step forward with some content progress, whether it be concept art or screenshots of in-game progress.

Again, look to get a formal announcement on our partner as soon as we can all coordinate on public messaging for that. Hopefully, it won’t take longer than a few months, but announced or not, it is happening and is a huge plus for Unsung Story development.
More information.

Well my enthusiasm & expectations for this game are very low, but if a third party can pay for continued development it might be a good thing as the developer needs money.

Whatever happens in the future is anybody guess, but:

1. It is clear that after many years of 'development' they have never worked seriously on the game.
2. If they have a partner and an idea for a game, this is far from what was promised years ago. The only decent line of action would be to refund all backers and go ahead with their 'new partner' to develop what the heck they want.

I doubt anything will change. It is likely that they pretend to stay afloat just to avoid any legal action.

As an aside, and just as further evidence that this company is either (a) incompetent or (b) completely disinterested in this game (maybe both?), at first they posted the Update #53 in the wrong Kickstarter project..... Yes, they have another funded project (Twilight Struggle), and they posted the update there instead that in the Unsung Story page.... criminally comical....

Whatever happens in the future is anybody guess, but:

1. It is clear that after many years of 'development' they have never worked seriously on the game.
2. If they have a partner and an idea for a game, this is far from what was promised years ago. The only decent line of action would be to refund all backers and go ahead with their 'new partner' to develop what the heck they want.

I doubt anything will change. It is likely that they pretend to stay afloat just to avoid any legal action.

I'll actually take them on their word that they worked seriously on the game, but proved too incompetent in that period to make anything resembling a working game, wasting 700k on ideas they didn't know how to implement, or implemented falsely.
But otherwise, I agree with everything you say.

Well my enthusiasm & expectations for this game are very low, but if a third party can pay for continued development it might be a good thing as the developer needs money.

The question is even if they have more money if they can prove capable of making a pc game. They seem to do well with mobile phone board games, but this more ambitious, and may prove beyond their abilities.

I can be as foolish an optimist as you'll find anywhere, but all I know is that I read that update and all I saw was vapor, smoke, and hot air.

Fuggedabouit.

Back
Top Bottom