Heroes of the Monkey Tavern - Release Day

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The dungeon crawler Heroes of the Monkey Tavern will be released today:

After countless days and nights celebrating within the infamous Monkey Tavern, our team of adventurers have spent every last penny... Their fates, however are about to change...

Like a gift from the gods, in walks a mysterious stranger who points them towards a high tower full of invaluable treasures .

It doesn't take much more to rouse their thirst for adventure.

You will enjoy exploring a dungeon full of riddles, dangerous enemies and vicious traps. And if luck favours... you will discover secret passages sheltering legendary weapons and armours.

Key Features :

• Dungeon exploration in grid-base movement
  • 8 classes
  • 3 difficulty levels
  • 2 hours of intense music
  • Real time fights
  • 22 different enemies, including 6 bosses
  • Full keyboard and gamepad support
  • Numerous traps and secrets
  • More than 100 unique items
More information.

The original Dungeon Master featured real time combat as well.

Looks almost exactly like Grimrock. That being said I am happy for more games like this. I will wait for reviews though, but i have wishlisted it on steam.

Name of the game is kind of goofy, might turn people off.

:p

Key Features

No free form movement, only grid-based!
8 classes, most repeats from thousand of other games
The same difficulty levels as every game in the world!
2 hours of music, written by the titular monkey!
Turn-based is TOO hard, so real time
Only 16 enemy types, plus 6 bosses coz animation is expensive
Only 100 items in the game because art is expensive too, though not as expensive as animation.

'nut, you know you don't care for grid-based games, why are you posting in this thread?

Unh uh, I love The Quest. Especially its extra special title that took years to come up with!

Seems like a Grimlock kinda look-alike?
I assure you my friend, that it has nothing to do with a transforming robotic dinosaur. :D

Whilst I'm a sucker for a classically inspired dungeon crawler and are very tempted to look into this more, as others have mentioned, the Legend of Grimrock influences are indeed very observable.

The monsters do like quite inviting though and I love some ye ol' riddling exploration, but I think I'll wait awhile on some review details on the combat before diving in. :)

The first "positive" review I read on Steam didn't really convince me. About 6 hours of game time, only melee opponents, and apparently very simplistic traps. It sounds like a poor man's LOG 1.

Back
Top Bottom