Styx: Shards of Darkness - Gameplay Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
This gameplay trailer for Styx: Shards of Darkness shows the stealth systems in action.

Styx: Shards of Darkness - First gameplay video and Q1 2017 release

Originally expected for the end of this year, Styx: Shards of Darkness will finally arrive in Q1 2017 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Patrick Pligersdorffer, CEO at Cyanide Studio, explains, "With this new episode of Styx we updated our engine from Unreal 3 to Unreal 4. This update has brought so much to the Styx series, from graphical enhancements to new gameplay mechanics and features. The engine transition has required some time for our team to adapt to. We're dedicated to providing the best stealth experience possible for players, so in agreement with our publisher Focus, we are delaying the game until the first quarter of 2017."
More information.

This looks good. I really need to get around to playing Styx Master of Shadows before the sequel come out. It is in my library and still haven't got around to playing it.

Don't expect too much from the first game. Enemy AI, which is of course one of the important things in a stealth game, is not that good.

This looks good. I really need to get around to playing Styx Master of Shadows before the sequel come out. It is in my library and still haven't got around to playing it.

Don't expect too much from the first game. Enemy AI, which is of course one of the important things in a stealth game, is not that good.

Stealth games are in a sorry state these days. They all pretty much have an alternative "run and gun" option which inevitably influences the design, along with other compromises.

So stealth games being what they are now, Styx Master of Shadows wasn't bad, I'd possibly even dare say decent (for games these days), it will do for a stealth fix with some humour and so on thrown in. It's certainly not perfect with a few annoyances and even flaws, which I can't specifically remember anymore. Still it left me feeling like I had far more fun than annoyance and if you have a stealth itch it's worth having a look at.

I couldn't play the first one due to its parry only combat system if you did get spotted. Meaning you couldn't attack, you had to stand there and wait for the enemy to attack and then you could parry. Terrible imo.

Back
Top Bottom