Back From Hell - Kickstarter on the 1st of November

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Photoplay Games will start a Kickstarter campaign for the the Action RPG Back From Hell on the 1st of November:

Back From Hell will launch on Kickstarter on the 1st of November 2016.

Back From Hell is an upcoming ARPG puzzle/adventure game set in two worlds: a 15th Century Spanish hilltop town and a journey to the depths of Hell and back again. The player in this photorealistic 2.5D game will fight for the injustice his family has suffered, battling his way in the underworld, and taking decisions which could possibly lead to devastating consequences.

In both worlds you will encounter a unique cast of fully voiced characters that bring the world of Back From Hell to life, all interactions and your subsequent decisions will have weight and impact. Conversations will be critical to solving many multiple first and third person puzzles and present the player with many difficult ethical choices as the game evolves. Back From Hell will also have a complex action RPG combat system, with multiple weapons and magical abilities to help you dispatch a wide array of enemies.

Back From Hell is a reinvention and combination of several classic titles, taking infulence from quintessential RPG titles like Zelda and Diablo, puzzle elements from genre defining titles such as Monkey Island and MYST and combat from classic 16-bit beat-em ups all with an updated HD version of 90's digitized sprites.
More information.

I love art style and whole atmosphere shown in video and that drum beating also run nice along the picture!

I don't like no-running style.
Will check the project when it's up though.

Kudos to the drummer. For some reason reminds of first Diablo.

Well this looks different

The description of the game has been updated since then

Like Sierra's classic Quest for Glory series, Back From Hell merges classic computer role playing game mechanics with point and click adventure style puzzles and exploration. You'll face challenging environmental puzzles in the vein of MYST. Like Planescape: Torment and Age of Decadence the player interacts with NPCs in complex branching dialogue trees where every choice has consequences. Many quests and puzzles have multiple solutions which may affect the characters and game world and ultimately determine the player character's fate.

Its a bit subject to change at the moment, it is after all a CRPG Puzzle-Adventure but it does feature action combat. As its a mash-up of quite a few genres its a little tricky to describe.

If you guys are interested you can see more here

http://www.backfromhellgame.com/
or
https://twitter.com/photoplaygames
or
https://www.facebook.com/backfromhellgame/

This looks really cool! I'm interested. Awesome setting, graphics/art style is killer and it just seems like something I'd love to play.

This looks really cool! I'm interested.

Thanks :) All of our costumes are custom made, and constructed from either metal, wood or fiberglass. Non of that flexible craft foam.
CpLBqZVWYAA49Gd.jpg:large

It does look very interesting to me and I'll most likely back it. I want more games that merge point and click adventure puzzles and exploration with CRPG elements. I also like the idea of a real-world historical setting combined with the fantastical world of Hell...

Back
Top Bottom