HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
OnlySP has reviewed the FPS Shadow Warrior 2 - some RPG elements are built in:

Shadow Warrior 2 Review – Limbs, Laughs, and Lo Wang

[...]

First and foremost, Shadow Warrior 2 is not just a first-person shooter; it is now an FPS with a healthy dosage of RPG offerings and loot mechanics. I feel that this sentiment must be made very clear because uninformed consumers who purchase this product may be surprised by the extensive depth that has been placed on these mechanics. While the core story remains, one may notice the introduction of side quests and repeatable grinding missions to upgrade their weapons. As someone who loves games like Borderlands, Destiny, and Diablo, I found the introduction of loot elements to offer an interesting variation on the formulaic “attain x weapon after accessing y area.”

[...]

Score: 9/10 Amazing

Shadow Warrior 2 is an excellent entry for the Shadow Warrior franchise, and it may prove to be the second best first-person shooter to be released this year — only time will tell on that one. As it stands, Shadow Warrior 2 is a phenomenal game that builds upon every aspect of its predecessor to offer a more cohesive and enjoyable experience.
More information.

Oh man, ANOTHER great game to play?? This would really be a good time to be retired...

It is a good game , reminds me of No one lives Forever for some reason

The earlier previews I saw made this look like it was more focused towards multiplayer. I might have to take another look at it. I have the first game on Steam but never got around to playing it.

It's getting rave reviews... I'm intrigued though maybe a bit too much fast action for my taste. I like a game that let's me see to my gout and yell at the kids on my lawn in-between turns. :biggrin:

This site took its time to report about this fast RPG that has its own qualities.

This site took its time to report about this fast RPG that has its own qualities.
There is nothing RPG about this game. It is just a shooter with some addition of skills and some weapon customization and gathering, not much different than CoD and most other similar games.

Also I watched a stream and the conversations are super low quality with way too much of really bad kid level humor (fart level humor but not in a South Park way).

The first shadow warrior was absolutely brilliant. In my opinion one of the most memorable modern first person shooters I've played. The game was just pure fun.

Just don't expect some kind of action rpg. shadow warrior 1 is a good old fashioned fps game and thats why it rocks. Sure you collect exp and unlock skills/abilities and upgrade guns & katana, but thats about it.

Ninja Duke Nukem?

I was a big fan of the Shadow Warrior remake. If you like FPS, then its awesome. I have Shadow Warrior 2 on my wish list, but too many other games I have to play first right now!

That said, its true the humor is very juvenile and can get annoying and wearying at times, especially if you don't appreciate that kind of dumb, 14 years old teen type humor. Personally, I can overlook it, because the game is so much fun and different than most other FPS in the other aspects (such as the sword melee mechanics, and the Eastern/Asian theme plus fantasy world design).

Back
Top Bottom