Dishonored 2 - Live Action Trailer

Never thought Dishonored could be turned into a cool action movie…

I prefer to play these types of games stealthy, which for me usually means slow gameplay as I take time to figure out a good approach. For example, Deus Ex Mankind Divided took me over 80 hours to complete, whereas for many it was much less.

For that reason I don't think of these games from an action standpoint so it was rather jarring to see this video.

I prefer to play these types of games stealthy, which for me usually means slow gameplay as I take time to figure out a good approach. For example, Deus Ex Mankind Divided took me over 80 hours to complete, whereas for many it was much less.

For that reason I don't think of these games from an action standpoint so it was rather jarring to see this video.

Thats the Star Trek as tv vs Star Trek as movie problem ;-)

Better than Warcraft or Assassin's Creed :p

I saw that yesterday while I watched the football game.

"Huh, that movie doesn't look too bad." "Geez, I guess they don't mind 'borrowing' a few things from Dishonored." "Make that a LOT of things... oh, game advertisement. Sneaky Bethesdites!"

So if you had these powers, who would you assassinate? Hmmm...

v4qGhZg.jpg

bethesda = greedy cunts

Preordering and greed are not related. But unlocking one day before release to those who preorder… I have to agree on the second word.
Cunts.

If it was 3 days, at least people could read about impressions (about bugs ofc) before preordering within those 3 days.

Notice the shitty music

Fine looking trailer but it doesn't make me want to buy the game more - or less. I never understood these kind of trailers. I want to see in-game footage of gameplay, not other CG or live action exposition. Those could be done well but that doesn't tell me if the game is going to suck or be good (I'm talking in general terms here - I loved Dishonored 1 and assume 2 will be at least decent).

After many decades of watching gameplay, one gets good at sniffing out the crappy games from that and that's the kind of footage I want to see. When companies don't release trailers with gameplay, I figure they either have a crappy game and know it, or they're too early in dev to show much (again, talking general terms here - not Dishonored specific).

Fine looking trailer but it doesn't make me want to buy the game more - or less. I never understood these kind of trailers. I want to see in-game footage of gameplay, not other CG or live action exposition. Those could be done well but that doesn't tell me if the game is going to suck or be good (I'm talking in general terms here - I loved Dishonored 1 and assume 2 will be at least decent).

There is like 10 gameplay video of the game out already.

There is like 10 gameplay video of the game out already.

Yes, I know that. Not certain you read my comment very carefully... but as per my comment, my observations are not specific to Dishonored but a general observation about these kinds of videos.

I agree. Live action trailers are worthless to me, and I never watch them. I suppose, though, they have determined that they are an effective advertising tool, for showing on TV etc.

I agree. Live action trailers are worthless to me, and I never watch them. I suppose, though, they have determined that they are an effective advertising tool, for showing on TV etc.

You're probably right... there must be some good reason for producing them. I'm sure a lot of people like 'em - just not me. I'm always frustrated when a new trailer comes out and it has, like, 4 seconds of actual in-game footage. =)

I agree that the trailer looks nice. It's also completely irrelevant as it doesn't show anything from the game.

But Bethesda could make a movie or a short TV series based on the Dishonored's stories.

The money spent on that would have been better spent on the game to do something useful :)

Unfortunately, they often spend almost as much on marketing as they do on developing the whole game.

Unfortunately, they often spend almost as muchmore on marketing as they do on developing the whole game.

Fixed that for you. EA, Ubisoft and Activision AAA games get ~30million budget for development, but somewhere between 50 to 100 millions for marketing.

Advertisement sell games, not content.

Back
Top Bottom