StarCrawlers - Polish then Launch

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Juggernaut Games has released a new kickstarter update for StarCrawlers which explains some of the polish and enhancements they have made to the game. The next update at the beginning of 2017 will announce the spring release date.

New Features

We've come a long way since the end of our Kickstarter, and the game has grown quite a bit from our original concept and pitch. Our initial alpha, beta, and Early Access has provided invaluable feedback from you guys and our Steam and GOG communities, which is making the game stronger with each update. Here's a run-down of just a few of the newest features that we've added:

Design a Backstory for your Hero

Now you get to customize a history for your hero / first crawler. Your history will affect your character's starting stats, gear and credits and will change the way your character will interact with NPCs in certain quests and events.

Enhanced Gear Randomization

We recently retooled the loot system to add a lot more variety to the types of gear you can get, and added a much greater variety of upgrades to make the loot collection and customization features much more enjoyable.

Gear Enhancements

Besides adding a lot of depth and richness to the types of gear we have available, we've also added a number of enhancements that let you customize your gear even further by modifying their stats according to your own preferences.

Faction Rewards and Consequences

As you progress through the game you'll get to know certain factions and they'll get to know you. Your crew will now accrue positive and negative favor with corporations. Positive favor can be used to barter for special rewards from corporations and negative favor may motivate them to run ops against you, so balancing corporate reputations becomes a much more significant part of the overall gameplay experience.

Character Custom Portraits

Based on feedback from forum users, we've added the ability to upload custom images for each character to be used in events, combats, and menus. We can't wait to see what you create for your crawlers!.

Our next update will be at the start of 2017 and will announce the Spring launch date and our plans for continued support of the game. It's been a long and interesting road, we're tired but excited to see launch in sight, just on the horizon.
More information.

So an announcement for an announcement? Seriously, this game has been in development for what seems like forever.

AND I'm Polish. But still no launch!

So an announcement for an announcement? Seriously, this game has been in development for what seems like forever.

well the important thing is not to call it done (it would be easy) but to make the actual release good.

High expectations for this especially on the post release front---that things have taken as long as they have is a good thing for doing it up well and proper.

Why do people insist to perpetuate this obvious fallacy? Longer development does not mean better products. At the very minimum, one has to consider the number, effort, and competency of the developers. More time always implies more money - unless it is an amateur effort in which case more time has nothing to do with quality, since they can only work on the project from time to time. Larian almost went bankrupt with D:OS and had to release it on June 2014, although their game was already of high quality. If you look at the facts instead of pulling out ideas from your rear end, the vast majority of games with excessively long development cycles end up being utterly disappointing or never finished. Several opposite examples of course do exist (like Underrail), but for one good game that emerged from developmental hell there are 9 which never materialized – or had better disappeared without ever being released. So, stop with the idiocy “dear devs, take all the time you need”, shall we?

What if your Polish isn't that good, can you still play it in english?

@mbpopolano24

i didn't say that long times= good quality is an eternal truth.

I'm saying it is for this title, few others come in my mind (battle brothers *cough*) when you follow the game update by update and check the quality of updates every single time you don't mind waiting few more months.

That is not always the case in Darkest Dungeon (to name one) i also followed all the developement curve since day 1 of EA and i didn't find it to be good, in most cases mechanics were just counterintuitive or they made gameplay more tedious.

I bought this out of desperation during a dry spell and regretted it. This is one of the dullest things I've ever sat down to play. The only reason I didn't get a refund is I left it open on my computer since you can't save mid-mission, which bumped my playing time up past two hours.

Back
Top Bottom