KotOR - Retrospective Review

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Keen Gamer checked out if Knights of the Old Republic is still worth playing:

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Review

Considered one of the best Star Wars RPG games in history, we revisited this famous game to see how well it has aged and if it is still worth playing in 2016.

[...]

PROS
+ Well written story
+ Easy to use but extensive combat system
+ Dozens of hours of content
+ Lots of replay value
+ Lots of choice in conversations

CONS
- Outdated gameplay mechanics
- Basic character customisation

SCORE: 8.8/10
More information.

This game will always be worth playing.

On PC.

Eh, never understood this one. Weakest Bioware title, by a mile. ( though still fairly decent).
Aside from few sidequests and the "shocking" turn, nothing really stood out as exceptional.
Almost as puzzling as Trump's presidency. :p

I loved both KotORs when they came out. Tried replaying them a few times in the years afterwards (with the restored content mods), but the combat is just so tedious and boring that I lost patience a few hours in. Still worth it for the stories imo.

Replayed it last year. On my phone actually (I know Joxer, blasphemy). Throughly enjoyed the experience.

KotOR was a good game but when I hearken back to fond Star Wars gaming memories I almost always land on Dark Forces (and even X-Wing a little). While neither were RPGs, they did something good RPGs always do - they made me feel like I was really in that universe!

Sadly, it seems to me my favourite worlds like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings rarely get those kind of games anymore. Something really immersive where I can go adventuring in those worlds... instead we've mostly gotten RTSs, Lego games and MMOs for them (shudder). I find that crazy. We have these super rich worlds that are begging for new stories to be told and ways for players to immerse themselves in them.

Eh, never understood this one. Weakest Bioware title, by a mile. ( though still fairly decent).
Aside from few sidequests and the "shocking" turn, nothing really stood out as exceptional.
Almost as puzzling as Trump's presidency. :p
You could says Kotor 2 trumps Kotor 1.

I loved both KotORs when they came out. Tried replaying them a few times in the years afterwards (with the restored content mods), but the combat is just so tedious and boring that I lost patience a few hours in. Still worth it for the stories imo.
I found combat tedious and boring even when I originally played them. Playing a dark sider and mass killing with lightning made it a bit faster and less time wasting.

Back
Top Bottom