Zombasite - New Patch and More Reviews

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A new patch is available for Zombasite. In addition there are also some more reviews:

Gamegrin, 8.5

Zombasite is an interesting take on the action RPG and is definitely something you can sink your teeth into, the strategic as well as the procedural nature of it all gives it a lot more longevity compared to the usual fare. It’s definitely a thinking man’s game.
Co-Optimus, 4.5/5

Zombasite is a niche title, but that doesn’t mean it’s got a big sign hanging out the front that says “only hardcore gamers need apply.” The folks in its community have put up guides to help familiarize new players with a lot of the various systems, the developer has a manual that lays out the basics, and the game itself is pretty forgiving when it comes to actually playing it and learning everything. It’s easier, too, to figure things out when you’ve got a few people looking at it. Managing a group of post-apocalyptic survivors is more fun when you’ve got a couple of friends around to help you do it, and I found myself getting a little more invested in everything when I was working with couple of people instead of all on my own. While it may be most inviting to those gamers that are looking for an ARPG with a little something different to offer from the usual loot grind, there are enough interesting ideas here that it’s worth a little bit of exploration by everyone.
Entertainmnet Buddha, 7

Given a substantial budget, a bigger team, and a little more focus on user-friendliness, Zombasite could be a real winner, thanks to its unique approach to factions and an overworld that teems with incident. It isn’t a great-looking game and those unwilling to dive a bit deeper below the surface will be tempted to dismiss it as a low-rent ARPG with a hackneyed premise. Soldak could be on the verge of something great if it could abandon some of the more tired conventions of the genre that other games have already left behind.
More information.

I think I'm the only person I know that plays this game. It just looks a tad rough around the edges, and I think I still liked Drox Operative more.

:D

The interface just seems weirdly confusing or busy in this game, I've had a hard time jumping into it and enjoying it. Probably just frame of mind when I've played it.

High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern
I think I'm the only person I know that plays this game. It just looks a tad rough around the edges, and I think I still liked Drox Operative more.

:D

The interface just seems weirdly confusing or busy in this game, I've had a hard time jumping into it and enjoying it. Probably just frame of mind when I've played it.

I played the demo and there is an awful lot to learn interface wise. Its like an old school pc game in that way but once you get into it I find it compelling. I think they need to introduce the new school player to these mechanics in a better way through as at times there are too many new elements being introduced at once which can be overwhelming.

If Peeler ever makes a non-random, full crpg, I will finally try one of his games. Until then, he's too niche for me. I haven't played a proc-gen game since Daggerfall.

Back
Top Bottom