Torment: Tides of Numenera - Nano Class Video

Instant buy, oh wait already kickstarted it.
Can't wait to play it, really want a narrative oriented game like torment.

"Scan Thoughts", cool. I really enjoyed that in Divinity II: Ego Draconis.

Yep, that's what I'm going to play.

So, a combination mage and healer. Hmm, I wonder what role there is for religion in this setting? Maybe it's just a faction?

So, a combination mage and healer. Hmm, I wonder what role there is for religion in this setting? Maybe it's just a faction?

My wife runs Numenera as a tabletop campaign and has been supporting Monte Cook's games since... hell we've loved him forever. The world is basically Earth but *way* (think, eons) in the future, to the point that it's not recognizable as Earth anymore. Alien species have come and gone, leaving ruins and civilizations in their wake. Nothing is really "explained" fully, they leave a bit of mystery to things, this isn't a game that has any specific set in stone history you must follow; it's full of weird stuff.

"Religion" does exist in the tabletop version because you have multitudes of different races, some alien, some human, some... other... and they all "believe" their own worldview. There are also intelligent androids and such; and some powers (healing, etc) can cause people to gather a cultlike following, but there are nothing like clerics getting powers from "Gods" - though an alien granting you tech might be basically indistinguishable from a "God" in terms of granting power.

I'm actually in the middle of a really creepy printed adventure for the Numenera tabletop game now, I can't wait to play this when it comes out. There is so much they can do with the world and the setting.

High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern
So is there any actual magic? Or is it left open and could be just advanced ancient technology?

It is indistinguishable from each other

Basically, yeah. There's psionic abilities and technology completely indistinguishable from "magic" … if they play their cards right the Numenera world could serve for many CRPGs to come. The lore is *rich* for exploring and exploiting.

In my current adventure, to give a little idea of the world, our group of characters (I play a 'Clever Nano who Works Miracles' - he can heal, though the way he does it, even he doesn't know. There's a small cultlike following around him, which he exploits. :) ) - anyway, we're in the middle of an adventure where our Glaive has become infested with a symbiote that, for now, is increasing all of his mental and combat abilities. We also don't yet know how to get rid of the worm/snake thing that has attached itself to his spine, or if we should. "Good" and "evil" are concepts kinda thrown out the window in favor of "very weird" …

High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern
My wife runs Numenera as a tabletop campaign and has been supporting Monte Cook's games since… hell we've loved him forever. The world is basically Earth but *way* (think, eons) in the future, to the point that it's not recognizable as Earth anymore. Alien species have come and gone, leaving ruins and civilizations in their wake. Nothing is really "explained" fully, they leave a bit of mystery to things, this isn't a game that has any specific set in stone history you must follow; it's full of weird stuff.

"Religion" does exist in the tabletop version because you have multitudes of different races, some alien, some human, some… other… and they all "believe" their own worldview. There are also intelligent androids and such; and some powers (healing, etc) can cause people to gather a cultlike following, but there are nothing like clerics getting powers from "Gods" - though an alien granting you tech might be basically indistinguishable from a "God" in terms of granting power.

I'm actually in the middle of a really creepy printed adventure for the Numenera tabletop game now, I can't wait to play this when it comes out. There is so much they can do with the world and the setting.

You sir are a nerd !
:thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom