Jupiter Hell - Kickstarter Live

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Jupiter Hell is a turn-based sci-fi roguelike/RPG with modern 3D graphics, by the creator of Doom, the Roguelike. The game is seeking $60K and is off to a good start having already secured a third.

Features

• Classic roguelike! - Turn-based, grid based, procedurally generated environments and permadeath.
  • Several difficulty levels and dozens of challenge modes - no matter what skill level, there will be always something more to achieve, something nastier to master
  • Dynamic animation system - despite being turn-based, you never wait for the player to move, play as fast as you like and see the animation adapt to it
  • Streamlined UI and gameplay - no need for manuals, just jump in. Whether you want the easy way of playing by mouse, or the fast way by keyboard, the game offers both.
  • G(l)orious visuals - explosions, blood, dynamic shadows, effects galore.
  • Randomness! - from the big to the small, Jupiter Hell will never feel samey - the plot and missions will vary each game, the procedural levels will provide new tactical challenges, and even small finishing touches like background furniture will have variety to give a handmade feel.
  • Loot - Raid corpses and plunder secret corporate storehouses for kick-ass new weapons and armour.
More information.

Last edited:
Still looking forward to this. Although, I have to say I see a bit too much "action" and too little tactics atm. Hope this changes.

The original DoomRL was great, it really managed to capture the feel of Doom while still being a fun and unique turn based game.

I backed it. Just looks like too much fun.

Back
Top Bottom