Dishonored 2 - Beta Patch Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The beta patch for Dishonored 2 has been released and is said to fix some of the performance issues.

When Dishonored 2 was launched, the game experienced PC performance problems on machines with specific configurations. We're working to address some of these with our updates over time, and some will be addressed by driver updates released by our partners.

Today we're beginning the process with new NVIDIA PC drivers (375.95) and our first post-release title update (Update 1.1).

PC users on NVIDIA cards should grab this driver [nvidia.custhelp.com] update before playing.
NVIDIA driver 375.95 Link [nvidia.custhelp.com]

For users with AMD cards, the recommended driver is still 16.10.2. Look for more information from AMD on CrossFire support in the near future. As we have new information on drivers for both card types, we will update our forums.

Additionally, a new title update for Dishonored 2 (v 1.1) is now available via Steam as a Beta update - see below for instructions. Update 1.1 includes a small number of fixes including:

• Mouse improvements, including a fix for sensitivity being framerate dependent
  • Fixes an AMD cloth physics issue, which impacts framerates at various points in the game
  • Fixes an issue affecting CPU task priority - the game no longer switches CPU task priority
More information.

It's hard to fix id's trademark 'crapengine' apparently.

I wonder if the cloth physics is what kill the FPS in the throne room.

I know what I'm doing tonight…some Dishonored killing sneaking.

Cloth physics was performance clog in DX:MD if your CPU wasn't overclocked. But you could disable it. If it exists in Dishonored 2, it's not optional.

Anyway, the beta patch fixes controls problem but performance still dips to 40 FPS and even less in wide areas. Also AA, depends on the setting, causes either grainy edges or total picture blur. Arkane promised these issues to get patched next week.

It's hard to fix id's trademark 'crapengine' apparently.

I didn't know at first but the game is made on that horrible JDR's favorite 50Gb_min_gamesize/10hours_max_gametime engine.
The beta patch, although fixes a couple of issues only, is sized 6Gb! O_O

I didn't know at first but the game is made on that horrible JDR's favorite 50Gb_min_gamesize/10hours_max_gametime engine.
The beta patch, although fixes a couple of issues only, is sized 6Gb! O_O

Stop trying to run games on your phone and you might get better performance. ;)

I wish it was caused by hardware. The release version is in pisspoor state.

PC Gamer finished the review:
http://www.pcgamer.com/dishonored-2-review/
Notice that the score is exactly what IGN (used to) give to utterly broken games: 9.3/10.

Meanwhile on another (trollin' but not this time) site:
http://kotaku.com/dishonored-2-s-first-pc-patch-isn-t-the-one-we-ve-been-1789153200
Dishonored 2 launched in a sorry state on PC, with lots of players (including yours truly) getting uneven performance, wild frame-rate drops, crashes, and weird mouse response, among other problems.

[With beta patch]]The game is certainly playable for me, if not smooth or pleasant. If I use Nvidia Inspector to limit the FPS to 61.8, I get a decent 60fps at 1440p in most areas. If I run, turn around quickly, or engage in combat, things get much less fluid. Combat in particular is still a floaty, jittery fiasco. I’ve also had to turn down down my settings to high or medium and turn off TXAA, which leaves me looking at some pretty fugly aliasing. It’s annoying on principle, given that the game’s not exactly a graphical show-stopper even on the highest settings.

I’m hopeful that next week’s 1.2 patch improves things more substantially, though I’m skeptical that a PC port with this many problems can be fixed by a single patch or even two. All I know is that I really want to play Dishonored 2. We’ll see.

Your not far off this is some variation of the 'rage' engine, which added 25gig as a texture upgrade. It added jack and chit, the textures still looked like crap compared to most every other engine, especially Unreal.

I thought Rage looked pretty good and still does even today. The problem was the performance. You needed 2 GB of video RAM for it to run smooth on high settings, and few cards had that much VRAM back then. You could literally see the textures loading as you panned the camera.

Well they did fix something. The throne room used to drop me at 10-15 FPS and now it stays stable at 60 (FPS is capped at 60). That's on High (game defaulted to that) with a RX 480 and FX-3850.

Whatever they fixed, it's a good news a patch is already there and another is coming too in a week - Dishonored 2 won't be left in a broken state like Skyrim.

Beta patch 1.2 have been released.

More performance fixes. With the framerate stuttering reduced and more core fixes, I should be golden smooth now in the game...once I'm done downloading that 6.5GB.

----Mouse smoothing is now set to minimum by default
Not sure why this wasn't in the release version. But it's a great patch.

I'm glad they also listed known issues that are still to be fixed like the silly consoley upscaling rubbish that seems utterly broken:
The Adaptive Resolution setting will change to display as Manual when exiting and re-entering the Visual settings menu after setting it to Always.
---- Workaround: None. This is a visual issue with the menu. The Adaptive Resolution setting will still be enabled and set to the default for the Always setting.

Not sure why this wasn't in the release version. But it's a great patch.

It kinda feel like they just didn't have enough time to finish the PC port really.

Games FPS is smooth with this patch, even if it still drop a bit in places, but without the stuttering you need to check the FPS counter to realize that.

Back
Top Bottom