Mass Effect: Andromeda - Absent Races?

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@RockPaperShotgun Mass Effect: Andromeda is set in a different region of space but don't be surprised to see some familiar races show up.

Krogans are reportedly going to be there too, but apparently don't have their own ship. There's evidence to suggest that one of the blighters will fetch up on your team, however. The short-tempered rhino-Klingons feel a bit less played out somehow, but perhaps that's because they're based on a clearer, more timeless archetype and their aggressive nature can keep them in the frenemies bracket without requiring elaborate new explanation.

None of the other existent ME races have been spotted anywhere as yet. This doesn't mean a few of 'em them won't crop up somewhere in Andromeda, but creative director Mac Walters has told Game Informer that "For hopefully obvious reasons, they're not all going to show up in the first game." My guess would be that ‘obvious' means ‘we don't want to do basically the same thing all over again.'

Leaving out the factions we know are there, those in contention to be absent from the new galaxy are Quarians, Geth, Drell, Volus, Batarians, Vorcha, Elcor and Hanar.

WHICH IS ALL THE BEST ONES. Apart from the Vorcha. Space-goblins are too obvious.

I'll particularly miss the Hanar and the Elcor if they don't show up. Actual Otherness, not just more bipeds. Fortunately, Walters goes on to say that absent friends may not be eternally absent. "We've designed the IP in such a way that they can all show up." Even if these chaps didn't get their own colony ships, space magic can solve anything, remember.
More information.

Back
Top Bottom