Expeditions: Viking - Preview

I'm looking forward to this - though Conquistadors never fully grabbed me. I remember finding the camping mechanic a bit annoying after a while.

Born to Agnar with Steely Grey Eyes! :lol: :lol::lol::lol: Had a good laugh at that. And the totally unnecessary clothing choices in the character generator. But hey, if no magic, they had to offer something. Okay. However that viking lore and useless dialogues are too much, IMO. Lack of magic is a big big problem.

Lack of magic is a big big problem.
Though you may not like it, I don't think it's "big big" in terms of audience. Magic is done well in a few games, but it's often just a substitute for grenades, rocket launchers and nerve gas. I'm happy to play purely physical universe-based stuff like Age of Decadence and Battle Brothers. The way magic is done feels too lazy and too much like "cheating" most of the time.

I think magic is often used to provide more interesting tactics in battle, so that combat doesn't just consist of hitting attack over and over. But nowadays people have developed much more interesting systems for playing out physical combat then just straight physical attacks for hit point damage. So I don't think you necesarily need magic to make an interesting combat system anymore.

It might not be fun but I'll probably support the developer.
Why? If they make games that you don't enjoy wouldn't it make sense for you to support someone else?

Back
Top Bottom