ME:A - Squadmates, Cut Content, Missing Release Date

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Eurogamer they talk to Bioware about the squadmates, cut content and the missing release date.

Hey guys - let's start by dissecting the latest trailer a bit. In it we see a character named Sloane Kelly - she looks like the leader of the pirate settlement we're introduced to. And yet, on the Andromeda Initiative website we can see she was once a leader on the Nexus, the Citadel-esque flagship used to spearhead exploration into Andromeda. What happened there, and how long afterwards are we seeing?

Fabrice Condominas: What you see in the trailer is a tease of what happens to the different arks... obviously this is central to the story of how things didn't go as planned [on arrival in Andromeda]. People got spread out. You don't know what happened to the other arks. You may have seen we just announced some Mass Effect novels - I encourage you to look at their titles...

The first is named Nexus Uprising - I guess that's the one you're referring to?

Fabrice Condominas: Exactly.

That settlement - was that set up by the Milky Way races?

Fabrice Condominas: Yes - that outpost is something those species set up. You will be able to build them as well on the planets you encounter. Not on all planets: there are certain criteria you have to fulfill but you will be able to establish them as a player.
More information.

no transcript
Well I'll make sure to ignore that bullshit video.
Already am furious enough with transcript not enabled by default in (some) games.

At this rate I won't need to play the game; the sequence of news releases will tell the whole story by the time it comes out.

I don't get why Google doesn't already implement an autotransscript for Videos. Of course that's not an easy task but it would fit Google to try this first. Current technology is good enough to get good results.

At this rate I won't need to play the game; the sequence of news releases will tell the whole story by the time it comes out.

I don't think so. They got a lot of backlash for doing that with DAI. I expect to see lots of the game side content personally.

Has there been no mention of Cerberus? Hard to believe they didn't sneak some tentacles onto an ark…

Mac Walters confirmed they didn't come along on twitter a few days ago. Too busy with other things in the Milky Way he said (like reviving Shepard).

Thank goodness! Imagine if the first thing we see at the start of ME: A was the arrival in Andromeda not going quite as planned because.. Cerberus interfered. I don't think I could handle that.

Back
Top Bottom