Cyberpunk 2077 - In September?

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Gamebanshee they have spotted a retail listing for Cyberpunk 2077 that states pre-orders are beginning February 2nd 2017.

Over on the official Cyberpunk 2077 Reddit feed, several contributors have been pointing to this page hosted by video game retailer Komplett, where they've announced that CD Projekt RED's forthcoming role-playing title will be released on September 30th, 2017.

While anyone can slap a random date on their profile page, it's also interesting to note that they have announced that the title can be pre-ordered as of February 2nd, 2017, which seems to suggest that they have at least some official information about the game's availability. Given the length of time that has surpassed since the well-regarded team announced the game, a Fall 2017 target date really wouldn't be surprising; in fact, it would probably be expected.

More information.

No way it's released in 2017. I think end of 2018.

This would be too good to be true. So good I don't even believe it

Lets see, the first and only video and information in early 2013.

Then CD said they were not working on it only TW3.

I think it is about right and their will be a real trailer coming 25th this month.

There's a better chance that Trump will become the president...oh, wait.

Seriously, they are still hiring so zero chance of this. They did get all of their "grants" approved by Polish government though.

There's a better chance that Trump will become the president…oh, wait.

Seriously, they are still hiring so zero chance of this. They did get all of their "grants" approved by Polish government though.

But they have talked about other games they have in the works as well. So they could be hiring for those projects or game testing etc.

But they have talked about other games they have in the works as well. So they could be hiring for those projects or game testing etc.

Some perhaps yes, but I doubt they could be working on full production two AAA rpg's/sandboxes at the same time, or are large/financially solvent enough to pull it off.
Always had a sort of sixth sense about this sort of thing. ;)

There's a better chance that Trump will become the president…oh, wait.

Cyberpunk 2077 is more then half done, and according to a recent share holder meeting CD Projekt RED is also in the early planning stages on another unannounced RPG.
CD Projekt have already said they're planning to release two triple-A RPGs between 2016-2021, and now they've confirmed on the forums that Cyberpunk 2077 will be the first to come out, which makes sense, since it's the only one they've released any information on. The studio also said that work won't begin on the second RPG until they've wrapped up Cyberpunk.

Now, The Witcher 3 took three-and-a-half years to develop, so chances are development time will be similar for both Cyberpunk and the unannounced game. Work on upgrading their game engine for Cyberpunk began around the release of The Witcher 3, so we're probably looking at the sci-fi RPG coming up to the halfway point in its development.
Link - http://www.pcgamer.com/everything-we-know-about-cyberpunk-2077/

Their website allow you to pick the game they have job listing for. There is a lot for Cyberpunk (like 7 pages, which is like 30 jobs). The other games they have right now is Gwent and the other IP they want to release before 2021 (they mentioned 2 AAA games to be released before 2021 in a shareholder meeting this summer, one is Cyberpunk).

Now, job listing doesn't mean much. They might put more than they need or simply didn't remove them once fulfilled (I know one of the lead designer job was filled a few months ago for example). Gwent has a few and that's in beta too.

Saying that, they basically have to release Cyberpunk end 2017 or early 2018 to have a proper development cycle on the game they want to release in 2021 (anything under 2 years of full development is just plain crazy for a new project). They don't have enough developers to make two AAA games in parallel (or the money). Of course, delays might happen…

Some perhaps yes, but I doubt they could be working on full production two AAA rpg's/sandboxes at the same time, or are large/financially solvent enough to pull it off.
Always had a sort of sixth sense about this sort of thing. ;)

How about we put your sixth sense up to my logic lol and say if that is the release date you buy my key and if not I buy yours.

Pending any delays....then the bet is off.

If this shows up in 2017 then 2017 will have a good shot at "best RPG year ever."

Judging by their past actions, I honestly doubt they're going to release a game without a lengthy, really lengthy PR campaign.

They don't have enough developers to make two AAA games in parallel (or the money). Of course, delays might happen…
Poles need a lot less money to make games than other AAA-title-making companies, as their wages are really small in comparison to companies based in the US or Western Europe. Although they still need money to hire decent English-speaking voice actors. I'm still surprised they managed to hire that guy from the Game of Thrones everyone was so crazy about.

Perhaps it's a virtual card or board game.

Till I see some more hairworks, I don't believe.
Poles need a lot less money to make games than other AAA-title-making companies…
Actually unlike Final Fantasy 15 in development hell for a decade only to spawn MMOish endgame whatnot, "The Witcher 3 took three-and-a-half years to develop" (couch's post quote).
Poles are not forcing MMO idiocy on their audience, thus no need to stall.

I think that 2018 is a more realistic launch date. Cyberpunk 2077 seems to be more ambitious than The Witcher 3.

And i am the only one that had various cyberpunk anime vibes while looking at the teaser/screenie?! Because that seriously reminded me of stuff like Cyber City Oedo 808, Patlabor, AD Police, Ghost in the Shell or Bubblegum Crisis.

I thought this dude ran with all the money and spent it on crack ??

1414100466-persimg23052.jpg
attachment.php

I thought this dude ran with all the money and spent it on crack ??
At least someone made my dream come true...

I think that 2018 is a more realistic launch date. Cyberpunk 2077 seems to be more ambitious than The Witcher 3.
First trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 came out in Jan 2013, and you have to assume pre-production started before that. So Sept 2017 release date would mean the game took, at a bare minimum, 5 years, but likely more.

Witcher 3 only took 4 years, unless pre-production started even before Witcher 2's release, which I'd assume is quite possible or likely.

I dunno, this release date seems unlikely, but not completely impossible.

No, I think there's some confusion here. I believe they meant to refer to CyberDunk 2077. That's EAs new Freemium Futuristic Open World PRG/RTS/FPS MMO robotic basketball simulation that will tie in with ME Andromeda, their other sports franchises and a soon-to-be-announced mobile companion app.

Back
Top Bottom