Unknown Realm - New Kickstarter

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new kickstarter for the classic rpg player called Unknown Realm is now on Kickstarter with a goal of 65K.

Unknown Realm: The Siege Perilous is a new 8-bit fantasy role-playing game for PC and C64 inspired by the classic RPGs of the 80's.

Alive World:

• Open world with lots of secret locations to discover.
  • 64 different day, night, and seasonal monsters.
  • Landscape reacts to the choices you make. Locations, characters, and game world will be impacted by your decisions, and your actions have real consequences.
  • Dual-mode exploration using either overworld view or zoomed in location view.
  • Traveling NPCs and settlements - stumble upon a gypsy caravan, traveling merchants or bandit encampments!
Fast-Paced, Fun-Focused Combat:

• Instead of spending 80% of your time grinding away in combat and only 20% of your time doing what we consider the fun stuff about RPGs, we have flipped that around so there won't be any 10 minute monster battles going on here.
  • Simple Attack + direction targeting keeps you in the action instead of an interface.
  • Dedicated hot key for quick primary/secondary weapons toggle.
  • Turn-based, but feels like real-time.
  • Attack monsters in overworld view as well as zoomed in view.
Interesting NPCs:

Just because our NPCs have 8-bit brains doesn't mean they have to be dummies.

• Find NPC or animal companions to join your cause.
  • Hire mercenaries to aid you on those really dangerous quests.
  • NPCs might strike up a conversation with you or blurt out for you to get lost.
  • NPCs can treat you differently based on their mood or how well they know you, or react to what they see you do or hear you say.
  • NPCs may travel between locations in the game.
  • Some monsters might even talk with you, if you happen to speak their language!
Charming Mini-Games:

Even warriors need to unwind and play some games now and again.

• Try your luck at the rat races as you bet on which critter gets the cheese first.
  • Play some dice games with the local tavern folk.
  • Turn-based lock picking has never been more fun!
  • Use your wit to open the magically locked riddle chests.
  • Hungry? Try hunting or our fishing mini-game to catch your own food.
More information.

Awesome, I'm in. Reminds me of the good old days when great stuff came in the box

I didn't know people still made games for the C64. Do they do the same with the Amiga?

I'm not in.
There was a time I'd support anything nostalgia. That time passed. Sorry.

Good luck.

Looking fantastic. But: how is this guy making a game on the C64 that seems so much improved on what origin managed to do with a sizeable team in the 80s?

I think it is mostly due to the massively increased storage this game is going to have from the cartridge it is using. Most of the graphics seem pretty similar to Ultima 4/5 but i'm guessing the PC version would be slightly upscaled which is where the screenshots may be coming from. It would be like a 20 disc version of Ultima 5.

cool....

I love that projects like this apparently manage to get funding. However I don't want to play or pay for it. :)

Back
Top Bottom