Morrowind Rebirth 3.9 - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted a new major update for Morrowind Rebirth:

[RELEASE] Morrowind Rebirth 3.9

You know the drill by know.. another update, and another massive changelog. This is the 39.th (!) update for Morrowind Rebirth, and down below you can read more in-depth what the new update brings.

[...]

Morrowind Rebirth Additions
* Guards will now follow and investigate what you are doing if you sneak around. Mind you have to be pretty close for them to take notice.
* Buy an old treasure map from Irgola, the pawnbroker in Caldera, and locate a hidden treasure. X marks the spot, or spots..
* Picking up a "cursed" item will now summon a random Daedra instead of just Dremora Lords.
* More desciptive in-game dialogue for the following topics "hunger" and "golden saints".
* Molag Amur overhaul [BETA] with new content featuring:
- Improved landscapes with less floating objects, texture seams, bleeding meshes etc.
- A new fort, Fort Ashmoth [BETA], haunted by the undead (exterior + interior).
- New NPCs and encounters.
* Valenvaryon, a Dunmer stronghold in the northern Ashlands has recieved an overhaul.
* Silt Striders will now play an unused animation every now and then.
* Some changes to Gnisis including a minaret for the temple.
* Added new cellar to Gorvas Vules's Tower, Seyda Neen.
* Added living quarters to Pelagiad, Guild of Mages.
* 10 new scrolls added to leveled lists.
- Scroll of the Bonedancer
- Scroll of the Saint
- Scroll of Elemental Fury
- Scroll of Errodation
- Scroll of Firewind
- Scroll of Undying Fury
- Scroll of Unending Terror
- Scroll of Elemental Protection
- Scroll of Blazing Fire
- Scroll of Blind Faith
* Minor changes to Ebonheart/Khuul.
New unique items:
- Willbreaker [Mace]
- Firewind [Ring]

[...]
More information.

Do members still play this game? Curious about whether to try it or not.

You never played Morrowind?

I still re-install it once in a while to dabble in it. Although, you need to be open-minded about the game not being a twitch action game like we have today. It has an old school RPG flavor despite the action gameplay.

Also, the graphics were basically old at release (except for the water), you wants to install Morrowind Overhaul if you don't want to sort through the bazillions of graphics/sound mods out there manually to make it prettier.

Morrowind Rebirth is a gameplay/rebalance overhaul.

Of course we do! :)

Morrowind Rebirth is especially cool. It's an essential mod for those who have played the original game extensively as it adds a ton of new content, NPCs, expands towns and cities; all sorts of neat stuff. Makes it feel like a new game in many ways, IMO.

But yeah, definitely try it if you've never played it. I'd suggest the base game at first and then add mods when you're ready. The base Morrowind has hundreds of hours of content and stuff to explore. The mods really just expand it even more for those who have exhausted the original content (which, 10+ years later, some MW players still find new stuff in the game! Amazing.).

You could also grab MGSO to enhance the visuals. That will make the game look more modern without changing the base content. Enjoy. :)

I've never played Morrowind either and keep waiting for one of these overhauls/updates to be finished which it seems like will never happen. Maybe someday Ill try it.

I've never played Morrowind either and keep waiting for one of these overhauls/updates to be finished which it seems like will never happen. Maybe someday Ill try it.

Things like Morrowind Rebirth already have plenty of available content. They may never be "finished" but they still add a ton to the game as-is. Same with the graphics overhaul and some other mods.

Do members still play this game?

I usually mod the fuck out of it once a year and then play it

You could also grab MGSO to enhance the visuals. That will make the game look more modern without changing the base content. Enjoy. :)

Dont use MGSO….

It crashes a lot, its old, textures are bad, its not lore friendly, its very script heavy

Morrowind Rebirth is especially cool. It's an essential mod

Its in no way essential…

Rebirth is *mostly* a town expansion megamod, so people who use specific town expansion mods dont really need Rebirth

Dont use MGSO….

It crashes a lot, its old, textures are bad, its not lore friendly, its very script heavy

What mod do you recommend, luj1 ?

How is MGSO not lore friendly?

Some peoples complains the textures are not "vanilla" enough and label MSGO not lore friendly because of it.

Some peoples complains the textures are not "vanilla" enough and label MSGO not lore friendly because of it.
Yup. I think that one reason why Bethesda abandoned careful world building with Oblivion is that even the biggest fans (I assume that modders belong to that group) either didn't notice or didn't care for the effort Bethesda put in environmental story telling in Morrowind.

There are several texture sets you can choose from in MSGO, and some are closer to the original art style.

I find it silly that some people would have that complaint though. After all, it is a graphical overhaul. I have no problem with such mods as long as they don't add entirely new characters, quests, etc. I like MSGO because it changes the visuals without changing the content.

You realize you can just copy/paste the textures you want right? Thats what is so great about Morrowind modding. No need to run a 3GB exe from 2012 silly

Yup. I think that one reason why Bethesda abandoned careful world building with Oblivion is that even the biggest fans (I assume that modders belong to that group) either didn't notice or didn't care for the effort Bethesda put in environmental story telling in Morrowind.

Its cheaper

Back
Top Bottom