Aurion - Post Mortem @ Gamasutra

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Madiba Olivier takes a look back at the development of the African Action RPG Aurion:

AURION POSTMORTEM #0 : The Wall Breakers Path

MADIBA Olivier is the founder of Kiro'o Games, the first video game studio in Cameroon (Africa). He is also a Gamedesigner / Screenwriter / Programmer of the first African-Fantasy RPG in the world: Aurion The Legacy of the Kori-Odan released on steam in 2016. Aurion started as an amateur project on RPG Maker in 2003. Today, the game is already in Hollywood pipes because of its quality of writing and staging. Madiba Olivier was even received by President Obama as part of the YALI program.

PS : The writer usually speaks French, so sorry for potential English mistakes.

Hello everybody,

So I will explain (with a lots of pictures) how we evolved from a simple amateur project in 2003 to the professional video game Action-RPG that you may already know. It's a long journey, take popcorn to discover the path of the Wallbreakers.

2003-2005 : Play with the cards you have, don’t cry those you don’t.

I just finished my high school at that time in Cameroon and I dream about making my perfect RPG one day at Square Enix. I tell myself that if I make a good game from Cameroon, one day they will discover me and they will hire me (The illusion of Drake ...).

Around me of course everyone laughed, I would even post on a french forum my idea of the perfect RPG that I will create one day (it looks like what FF15 was supposed to be)

[...]
More information.

cool story, glad its working for his small dev team

also liked the talented 2d traditional artists i saw

Back
Top Bottom