Kingdom Come - 1st Quest, Internal Alpha

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The first quest for Kingdom Come: Deliverance from the internal alpha.

Tobi and Martin are introducing the 1st Quest in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. See the complex quest structure of the game and get new insights into the development of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. They are also answering questions about the game and are discussing interesting current topics. Let's take a look!
More information.

This project came such a long way and had many phases , sometimes even changing what used to be core goals, but for some time now its been looking really fantastic. .
So thats why they're only at their 1st quest :p :) :D

At least they're not showing arcadey mushroomcontrolled yawninducing sequences.

This project came such a long way and had many phases , sometimes even changing what used to be core goals, but for some time now its been looking really fantastic. .
So thats why they're only at their 1st quest :p :) :D
Spoken for the truth as development has been slow, and it looks like it might not be released in 2017. Don't get me wrong I want to play this game, but I have doubts.

Well, I'd always rather a game take longer and be better so I say don't start rushing now.
Nope sorry as this game has been in development for over six years already.:)

The only way someone would know this is if you followed the games early web-page, before Warhorse even went to kickstarter to raise more funding.

Last edited:

The only way someone would know this is if you followed the games early web-page, before Warhorse even even went to kickstarter to raise more funding.

Nope sorry. Take as long as you want to get 'er done. :)

You are both right in a way. Get the game done right but if you are in development too long then that shows internal problems. They made it seem like the delay was to release it on consoles at the same time. I think they still have a lot of work to do on the computer side.

I don't mind waiting but if it takes this long and not released in 2017 I will start calling it the next Grimoire :)

Dont know why but that video reminded me of arcania; anyway i had high hopes for this game, but with each video released they're going downwards

You are both right in a way. Get the game done right but if you are in development too long then that shows internal problems. They made it seem like the delay was to release it on consoles at the same time. I think they still have a lot of work to do on the computer side.

Yeah, I agree but if a company takes too long because of internal or other fundamental problems, then making the game quicker isn't likely to solve those issues either.

Well, I'd always rather a game take longer and be better so I say don't start rushing now.

The only way someone would know this is if you followed the games early web-page, before Warhorse even went to kickstarter to raise more funding.

Nope sorry. Take as long as you want to get 'er done. :)

you dont understand .. they arent polishing, they are going back and forth.. they were in development hell for years, shuffling investors and playing with genres

you dont understand .. they arent polishing, they are going back and forth.. they were in development hell for years, shuffling investors and playing with genres

This is complete bullshit. All of it.
First of all, they have had a single investor since the beginning. Bakala. Same guy who financed the prototype is financing the whole game in addition to kickstarter money.
Second, they absolutely are polishing. The game is in internatl alpha, which means systems are working, quests and story is implemented, world is built. What remains is voice overs, facial animations, polish, optimization.
Third, the game was never in development hell and it never changed genres in any way.

Its not what I read online so I dont really give a jack either way. But thanks for sharing info you're privy to.

What remains is voice overs, facial animations, polish, optimization.

Well I'm sure they'll nail it in 6 years

Last edited:
Its not what I read online
What exactly did you read about investor and genre shuffling?
I've tried to follow the development closely but perhaps I failed.

No, this game has a story.

For anyone that might have watched the whole thing - did they mention the specs of the machine they demonstrated on? Seemed a bit laggy. Wondering if this will be one of those games that I'll have to wait on a hardware upgrade for...

Don't see why they're including cinematic camera here, characters look like wooden puppets. ( Same thing with Piranha Bytes game...why highlight your game flaws directly like this?)
Keep it entirely in First person perspective and let it flow with gameplay.

Showing flaws up front will keep them away from silly graphics TW3 "scandal" and from Watch Dogs deliberately disabled graphics spectacle on PC version scandal.

Back
Top Bottom