Doom

Love/Hate Relationship

Dark Souls III

Sit Back and Relax

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Better With Friends

Left 4 Dead 2

More information.

I can understand most votes, but who the hell plays Euro Truck Simulator 2 or Goat Simulator?

I can understand most votes, but who the hell plays Euro Truck Simulator 2 or Goat Simulator?

ETS2 is a fantastic game.
Im not a fan of the genre but have 180h in the game; when you start playing, it gets you :biggrin: Also has a ton of mods making it even more funnier.

Plus OVERALL: Overwhelmingly Positive (75,122 reviews) on steam, i guess it says all :D

I was disappointed with most of the choices. It seemed to suffer from a recency bias. Skyrim won the Test of Time award? To me that's a shiny, new game and the category should have been populated with 90's games.

I actually picked up ETS2 for some odd reason. I tried to do one... mission (?) or delivery. I wasn't particularly impressed but I could see where it might attract a certain type of player.

Not a single game I voted for got the award.
I know, the problem is in me, not in GTA phonegarbage with horrible helicopter controls.

ETS2 is a fantastic game.
Im not a fan of the genre but have 180h in the game; when you start playing, it gets you :biggrin: Also has a ton of mods making it even more funnier.

Plus OVERALL: Overwhelmingly Positive (75,122 reviews) on steam, i guess it says all :D
I don't get that...
I mean, you're driving a truck. That's the game.
I just don't... why would anyone want to do that?

I do get some of the more crazy mods, though.

And in fps games you just shoot stuff. :lol:

Anyway the game has a huge fanbase, listening to your favorite music/radio while driving trough the europe highways its very relaxing.

The RPG ETS2 is widely played. Players roleplay as truckers; Streamers have matching clothes, a wheel etc

There was another category during the nominations - The Game Most In Need Of A Sequel.

I believe the responses were overwhelmingly Half Life 2 or Half Life 2 Episode 2. I guess Valve didn't have a sense of humor and removed the category.

This one makes absolutely no sense:
Just 5 More Minutes
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
It has been a long time since I played CS and never played CS:GO, but didn't matches generally take a half hour? From my perspective, a game like Civilization or other turn based game would have been a much better recipient of the award.

This one makes absolutely no sense:
Just 5 More Minutes
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
It has been a long time since I played CS and never played CS:GO, but didn't matches generally take a half hour? From my perspective, a game like Civilization or other turn based game would have been a much better recipient of the award.

I play CS:GO, and I play deathmatch exclusively. It's faster than the original game modes and you can hop in, hop out so playing for 5 more minutes makes sense.

There was another category during the nominations - The Game Most In Need Of A Sequel.
No, that category was not there. A lot of people wrote it in but it didn't get picked as one of the "we didn't think of everything" options. (Even if it was popular, I'm sure it would have been seen as self-serving.)

I got Left 4 Dead 2 and Dark Souls 3 right! See? I am in tune with gamers! ;)

The winners were as predictable as they were boring. Games with many players won, regardless whether they were a good fit for a prize or not.

Anyway, I'm not sure whether those awards mean a lot. Given the somewhat lackluster presentation, I guess Valve wasn't completely sure, either.

Back
Top Bottom