Tibia - Celebrating 20 years of existence

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@PCGamer they take a look at Tibia. An MMO which has been going for 20 years and is still in active development.

"I'm happy and grateful that our student project has grown into such an MMO hit, supported by a very dedicated team and, most of all, by our wonderful players," says co-founder Stephan Vogler. "Even after 20 years we're not running out of ideas for Tibia-I'm sure the game will keep attracting players for years to come."

More information.

I remember when that was just an empty place on some university server where you could effectively just move big chess pieces (or something like that) around, because there wasn't anything else to do that I found ;-) Only tried it once afterwards, since it was always worse looking than even an ultima online freeshard… But they had a nice office for a while in the town I used to live ;-)

I played this with my friend around 2000 when we were too poor to pay for subscriptions for other MMOs. The game was pretty rough around the edges. Judging by the video it still is but, hey, it's cool that this honestly free to play game is still going strong.

20 years? Never heard...

Back
Top Bottom