Shadow Tactics - Review @PCGamer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PCGamer review Shadow Tactics and find it one of the greatest stealth games of the last decade.

Every enemy encounter is a piece of a huge clockwork puzzle, all orderly and repetitive. To succeed, you need to disrupt the pattern. The fun part is creating chaos with the toy box of abilities and experimenting with them. There’s a lot of joy to be found in playing around with different strategies, tearing out the best parts of failed attempts and stitching them together until you have one that finally works. The ability to save anywhere makes experimentation easier, and a timer lets you know when it's been a while since you last saved.

Sometimes a problem requires lateral thinking. In snowy areas guards take notice of suspicious footprints, which can ruin a plan if you're not careful. However, you can can also exploit guards' inquisitiveness and lay ambushes for those that blindly follow trails into empty corners.

Some problems demand teamwork, and that’s where Shadow Mode comes in. This lets you assign each character a job and activate them all at once. Used correctly, Shadow Mode lets you sweep away large groups of enemies in swift, decisive moves. It’s a thrill to hit a button and see your minions move in tandem.
More information.

MUSTPLAY! The only reason I'm not playing it currently is the massive backlog of games in need of completion.

Can't make time for this game but I'm definetly adding it onto my wishlist and will buy it eventually.

It's worth noting that unlike mainstream rubbish this game has a demo - whoever doesn't trust PC Gamer can check it for themselves instead of can't now remember who said they watch youtube letsplays that are not a real thing.

Back
Top Bottom