Card Quest - In Early Access

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The dungeon crawler Card Quest features card-based combat. The game is available in Early Access now:

Card Quest Trailer

Card Quest is a retro card game that plays like a Roguelike.

Chose your class, specialization and equipment to build your deck, and try to make your way through unforgiving dungeons!
More information.

Very cool! I love CCGs, but usually hate ptw and mmo, so this seems right up my alley!
Going immediately to the wishlist!

Thanks again for spreading awareness, RPGWatch!

Looks fun, mechanics remind me a bit of dream quest. Technically I don't think it's a CCG, I think it has more in common with a deck building game.

It's not really deck building because you don't start from scratch and build each time you play. So far I prefer it to Dream Quest which I found ultimately more frustrating than fun. There are some superficial similarities, but this has more the feel of Card Hunter. It's difficult, but actually feels more fair than Card Hunter.

It's not really deck building because you don't start from scratch and build each time you play. So far I prefer it to Dream Quest which I found ultimately more frustrating than fun. There are some superficial similarities, but this has more the feel of Card Hunter. It's difficult, but actually feels more fair than Card Hunter.

Yeah, your right, I started playing the early access version, and it's a lot of fun, but it's not a CCG or a deck building game. I like Dream Quest better, but they are very different games, so it's not entirely fair to compare them, especially in early access.

But anyway I found card quest to be really addicting, although I do wish your character would change a little bit over the course of a game, rather then just by permanent gear unlocks and level upgrades. But the game play itself and the way all the decks/cards work is really well done, as are the variety of enemies and situations you encounter which require a lot of different strategies.

Back
Top Bottom