Witcher 3 - Super Turbo Lighting Mod

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming The Super Turbo Lighting Mod 3.1.1 for The Witcher 3 is now available for download.

Modder Essenthy Onigami has finally released a new version of his amazing mod for The Witcher 3, Super Turbo Lighting Mod. Super Turbo Lighting Mod 3.1.1 revamps every zone starting with the original setting, fixes ambient occlusion in shadowed areas and increases ambient occlusion in general.

In addition, this latest version of the Super Turbo Lighting Mod comes with fixes the exposure issues that have been reported, revamps vegetation translucency/lighting now coloring depending on Tod like vanilla and adjust rainy weather to fit more STLM mood.

Those interested can download the latest version of the Super Turbo Lighting Mod for The Witcher 3 from here.

More information.

So, did the devs release the construction set? How are people making mods for this game?

I could never get into this series... i tried witcher 2 but only got half way.

I played witcher 3 for maybe 15 hours but i found exploration unrewarding and during most encounters if i ran any distance enemies would hit an invisible barrier and give up. At bandit camps it was almost like they had one of those shock collars dogs wear and would hang out at the entrance afraid to leave.

I love open world rpgs, maybe with some mods i'd end up loving witcher 3 some day..

I wish someone was "enhancing" games that need better visuals desperately, like Anachronox.
Never could understand the work on something that objectively needs no additonal eyecandy.

I wish someone was "enhancing" games that need better visuals desperately, like Anachronox.
Never could understand the work on something that objectively needs no additonal eyecandy.

The aim of this mod in particular is to bring the game closer visually to how it looked in old trailers, and it suceeds at that.

So, did the devs release the construction set? How are people making mods for this game?

They released modkit, which is not a full redkit editor, but it suffices for creation of simpler mods.

I could never get into this series… i tried witcher 2 but only got half way.

I played witcher 3 for maybe 15 hours but i found exploration unrewarding and during most encounters if i ran any distance enemies would hit an invisible barrier and give up. At bandit camps it was almost like they had one of those shock collars dogs wear and would hang out at the entrance afraid to leave.

I love open world rpgs, maybe with some mods i'd end up loving witcher 3 some day..

The fact that you can run away from stronger enemies is a problem now? Pretty much any good RPG has enemies that work this way.
Here is a tip: Don't run away.
Witcher series is first and foremost storydriven though. Killing stuff is almost a sideshow.

The aim of this mod in particular is to bring the game closer visually to how it looked in old trailers, and it suceeds at that.
But was that really necessary?
Wouldn't VtM benefit more if someone modded it's visuals?

Unless he's changed his approach, he wasn't using enbs and such - he was actually modifying game files.

Just a personal opinion here, but as a painter I find the colors in the game too saturated and vivid. It almost gives the visuals a cartoonish feel. I'd prefer a more subdued palette. The DOF is a bit too pronounced for my liking. Dial it back a bit and it would seem more natural and organic as you advance into the scene.

This makes some areas look a bit better. The Skellige Isles, imho. It makes water look less transparent. Other areas look worse - it sucks some atmosphere out of some haunted areas and some ruins.

My biggest gripe is that it makes torches overly powerful. They are a ball of brilliance unmatched by the sun and their immediate vicinity is enveloped by their power. Dial it back a tad please.

Also the Quen sign becomes much brighter, but not unbearably so.

Finally, it caused my D3D drivers to crash multiple times after 15-30 minutes. Checked and confirmed that I had no errors after removal. I blame Geralt for harnessing the sun for his torch when a snap of the fingers would do.

This makes some areas look a bit better. The Skellige Isles, imho. It makes water look less transparent. Other areas look worse - it sucks some atmosphere out of some haunted areas and some ruins.

My biggest gripe is that it makes torches overly powerful. They are a ball of brilliance unmatched by the sun and their immediate vicinity is enveloped by their power. Dial it back a tad please.

Also the Quen sign becomes much brighter, but not unbearably so.

Finally, it caused my D3D drivers to crash multiple times after 15-30 minutes. Checked and confirmed that I had no errors after removal. I blame Geralt for harnessing the sun for his torch when a snap of the fingers would do.

Welcome to rpgwatch and nice first post.

Back
Top Bottom