Fallout 4 - High Resolution Texture Pack

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PC gamer reports that Fallout 4 will get a free high resolution texture pack:

Fallout 4 high resolution texture pack arrives next week for PC

The update is free, and only asks that you have an additional 58 GB of space available.

A high resolution texture pack will arrive as a free update for Fallout 4 next week, Bethesda announced. The announcement included a single screenshot, which you can see and enlarge above, plus a note that you'll need a smidgen of extra room for the texture pack: an additional 58 GB.

[...]
More information.

Still looks like shit :p

Weird for them to be releasing new textures 14 months after launch… Also, 1080 card required for what looks like 5 year old graphics at best.

Just ditch that engine already, Bethesda.

One can only imagine if a dev like Troika could have had a crack at making a Fallout ... it would have been amazing ... buggy, but amazing

This might encourage more PC gamers to start building beastly gaming rigs. Or at least give them an incentive and a thought that maybe they should upgrade or invest in PCs rather than consoles.

58gb also isn't as much as it used to be. One video I record for my YouTube channel can be larger than that, and I have to upload that to YouTube! Kind of slow when the fastest upload speed your ISP offers is 20Mb/s. :(

A decent cable connection and an uncapped/or at least fast server that houses the files and you can download 58gb pretty fast.

58gb would be about 8 hours for me...i just start 'er up before i leave for work and its (usually) done when i get back...
Im happy with my modded fallout 4 though...i dont really know what i'd delete off my pc to free up that much space anyways...

AS I said in another thread it's nice to see something geared towards the higher end PC's. assuming it looks like it is.

I'm guessing though that a fully modded game will put it to shame.

Great news and nice to see Beth still providing some things even though I thought the NW DLC would be the last. They certainly didn't have to so pretty cool to get a surprise like this. Course my modded FO4 is pretty nice but not all the textures are provided. Like Skyrim its nice to install the official HR pack and then just do the mods over that. Looking forward to getting it.

I'm always glad to see high-end options for PC. In the golden age of PC gaming, upgrading to more powerful machines every couple of years was always a part of it. Things have stagnated at console level for a long time.

Something's fishy here for sure. Malware? Bitcoin? What better way to hide it than in 58 GB package.
Though with Bethesda's optimization skills, that's fairly small. :p

Back
Top Bottom