Elder Scrolls Online - Morrowind Expansion Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@GameRant report on The Elder Scrolls Online new expansion which adds Morrowind.

Bethesda Softworks announces ZeniMax Online Entertainment's first major The Elder Scrolls Online expansion, Morrowind, which also adds the Warden class.

ZeniMax Online Studios today announced the first major expansion to its 2014 MMO, The Elder Scrolls Online. It's time to return to Morrowind. The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind is a prototypical MMO expansion, featuring a large new land for players to quest and adventure. Additional features include the addition of all new class, the Warden, the new Battlegrounds PvP mode, and of course, an expanded story campaign. Morrowind will come with the pricing of a prototypical expansion as well.

More information.

I have no idea how in the lore they could came up with nature magic and bear pets in a TESO game.

Also, this expac is kinda pricey compared to the DLCs already released when we look at content vs content.

If you don't blink and squint really hard for a second near the beginning you can see a few mushrooms. This solidifies that you are, in fact, in Morrowind, in case you forget when you watch the rest of the video. :p

I like the idea of the warden and the cave bear companion - could be fun depending on how it is implemented.

If you don't blink and squint really hard for a second near the beginning you can see a few mushrooms. This solidifies that you are, in fact, in Morrowind, in case you forget when you watch the rest of the video. :p

When does ESO take place lore-wise? Is it before the Red Mountain exploded? If so, you would really wonder where the shrooms went. Maybe they all moved to Xulima :)

When does ESO take place lore-wise? Is it before the Red Mountain exploded? If so, you would really wonder where the shrooms went. Maybe they all moved to Xulima :)

This expansion will have Vivec stop that meteor (future Ministry of Truth), it's part of the plot. TESO itself is in the middle of the 2nd Era.

As for the mushrooms. There is a lot more in the screenshots.

I like the idea of the warden and the cave bear companion - could be fun depending on how it is implemented.

Just imagine launch day - there will be tons of bears all around!:-/
TESO engine is very heavy on memory usage , so I don't know how bad it will be to render all those players with mounts, pets and bears now.
Hmm also why bears? I'm not that big expert in ESO lore, but wouldn't it be better for some smaller pet, like dog or wolf - as far as I know bears aren't that easy to tamable.

Just imagine launch day - there will be tons of bears all around!:-/
TESO engine is very heavy on memory usage , so I don't know how bad it will be to render all those players with mounts, pets and bears now.
Hmm also why bears? I'm not that big expert in ESO lore, but wouldn't it be better for some smaller pet, like dog or wolf - as far as I know bears aren't that easy to tamable.

I like pets. But I would in Morrowind, prefer some of the Elder Scrolls specific beasts. Or one of the lesser daedra, summoning those is after all part of the lore.

pibbur

The Warden class has nothing to do with The Elder Scrolls lore. It's an old remnant from alpha/closed beta when the game was "generic MMO classes" with a TES paint over it. The warden was a generic druid class originally.

I know that because I was in closed beta and we could see the warden icon selection (and datamine stuff about it) but couldn't use it, than after a few months they removed it.

This just reminds me I haven't bought any of the DLC so far.

I like pets. But I would in Morrowind, prefer some of the Elder Scrolls specific beasts. Or one of the lesser daedra, summoning those is after all part of the lore.

pibbur
Mmm... and that's all? No pibbur who something? :(

pibbur

Sorcerers can already summon daedra: a imp, clannfear (replace the imp though), winged twilight and a storm attronach (this one is temporary though, the others are permanent unless destroyed then you have to resummon them).

Sorcerers can already summon daedra: a imp, clannfear (replace the imp though), winged twilight and a storm attronach (this one is temporary though, the others are permanent unless destroyed then you have to resummon them).

Sadly no Winged Twilights or dremoras.

pibbur who of course also would like a Golden Saint. Or even better, a Dark seducer.

I'm just hoping that the next TES game, ESO or whatever, adds in the feature that summoned Dremoras can chat with you. I think it would be cool if they could offer you a gift, for example. That will separate those who have read the lore books and those who haven't...:p

Back
Top Bottom