Arcane Raise - On Steam Greenlight

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
You can now greenlight the survival RPG Arcane Raise on Steam:

Arcane Raise is a role-playing survival game, wherein a group of hunters fight against monsters in an infested world.

Are you looking for a very special experience; one that you will always remember? Look no further than Arcane Raise! This is a very special gem, Arcane Raise is a role-playing survival game created through passion, dedication and labor of love! Guaranteed be a game you will always remember for better or worse, it will be ingrained in your memory forever and ever. This game aims to redefine the meaning of the word and take it to a whole grand new level!
More information.

Why do 90% of the games look like they were designed for the C64? This is 2017, not 1987....

Why do 90% of the games look like they were designed for the C64? This is 2017, not 1987….
Because 3D is expensive as hell, while 2D is not?
Because this is obviously RPGMaker?
Because not all people are graphics whores?

That said... I think even an RPGMaker game should at least try to come up with some variation of combat not looking so extremely like... well, RPGMaker.

More RPGmaker shovelware being given the hard sell everywhere. Quite possibly all the same bunch.

I don't really have anything against RPGmaker games, there was a time I couldn't have enough of them. But over the time, I grew bored with all the same formula - it's just as if those games are locked in time while life moved on.

I don't think we need another RPGmaker game. At least not the one that feels exactly the same like hundreds of existing ones. If someone could make Stardew Valley that looks as if was made in RPGmaker, but is totally different, then I beg other developers to walk that path.

There's been some good rpgmaker games, and there could be some more. But there's definitely a bunch that is churning out low grade ones every few weeks, and promoting them relentlessly on every platform, to a degree that is little more than spam.

Here's the blurb for this one, and they all have some variation of this sort of absurd puffery, very spammy in style.

Arcane Raise is a role-playing survival game, wherein a group of hunters fight against monsters in an infested world.

Are you looking for a very special experience; one that you will always remember? Look no further than Arcane Raise! This is a very special gem, Arcane Raise is a role-playing survival game created through passion, dedication and labor of love! Guaranteed be a game you will always remember for better or worse, it will be ingrained in your memory forever and ever. This game aims to redefine the meaning of the word and take it to a whole grand new level!

As someone who has worked with RPGMaker, I really don't see anything special here. All of the art looks like what is included in the standard engine. The UI is standard rpg maker. Most people who design stuff commercially use something else like Yanfly battle system. There are plenty of good custom systems on the RPGMaker forums. I've actually bought a number of RPGmaker games, because I like to see what other people do with the engine, to improve my own skill with it. But they have to have something special, whether custom scripts, artwork, or music. Last Dream, City of Chains, and Deady Sin II are three examples of people who have put out interesting games with the engine. And Hidden X recommends Ara Fell which I haven't gotten around to playing yet.

Back
Top Bottom