Precursors - Now on Steam

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Precursors has been released on Steam. Up until now it was only available on Gamersgate.

Game Features

• Unique gameplay: mix of RPG/FPS/Space simulator.
  • Very different planets to walk around absolutely free.
  • More than 250 diversified quests.
  • Partly organic weapons with ammunition that must be bred.
  • Controllable spaceships, robots and other vehicles.
  • Stunning space battles with boarding included.
  • Big number of unusual enemies (Plants, Insects, Birdmen, etc).
  • Trading possibilities with complex circulation of goods.
  • Interaction with hundreds of NPC of different Alien races.
  • Real-time weather effects, day/night and atmosphere changes
More information.

Interesting that Steam would finally add this game. I remember trying it years ago. The concept is great, but the game was a buggy mess. I wonder if this version is any better.

ive never played it, but i think this is one of those games where the community patch solves tons of issues with the game...

Yup, wanting to play it for years now and it really seems the community patches make it playable.
Maybe it's finally time.

Interesting that Steam would finally add this game. I remember trying it years ago. The concept is great, but the game was a buggy mess. I wonder if this version is any better.

Same ... at $15 I just wish listed it, will keep an eye out for sales, but it was just too much of a mess for me when I played.

So glad to see this on Steam!

Now, we need Deep Shadows other game Xenus 1 AKA Boiling Point: Road To Hell on Steam!

Don't think Road to Hell got an Unofficial patch, did it? I remember one for White Gold, think Wesp was working on it. I'm not sure Deep Shadows ever finished a game, though they always had great ideas.

I remember Road to Hell being literal Hell before, the No Horn/Honking patch removed the sound file! :raincloud:

BTW: I might have missed the announcement at RPGWatch but I had no idea White Gold was on Steam!

I don't remember the boarding during space battles ever making it into the final build or anything patched.

I've played this a bit with the Wesp5 patch and other patches I don't remember. It had potential but it's not a good game even with those patches. The visuals and play make me think of Unreal 2 to a degree. Maybe Unreal 2 + STALKER + funky spaceflight. Something like that. ;)

Too bad it wasn't actually finished.
This.
I loved the game (played it with Wesp's fixes), but be warned: there is a point in the game where a cutscene plays… and then that's it. It's not an appropriate place to end the game - the plot is just completely unfinished.

Despite this, I think I got my money's worth.

(this was the GamersGate version I bought years ago, so not sure what differs in the Steam version, but I doubt they've "finished" the game in the interim)

White Gold (which I also enjoyed) is finished, at least.

Back
Top Bottom