Conan Exiles - Official Servers Down

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Funcom is looking for a new partner to host its official servers for Conan Exiles.

Update on Official Servers
4 February - Community Manager (Jens Erik)
Greetings, Exiles!

These first few days of Early Access has been an absolute whirlwind!
It's been incredible watching so many of you join us on this Early Access adventure. We would never have imagined that so many of you would be joining us so soon, and while we certainly knew that Conan Exiles had the potential to become very popular, the initial popularity is more than we anticipated.

A pleasant surprise, for sure, but as you all know it has also uncovered some unforeseen issues that we are now working very hard to resolve. We have already released several patches and the entire team is working on getting the next one ready. We remain one hundred percent committed to the Early Access model and that means listening to the community and making sure we improve the game constantly. Right now we are focusing on the most pressing issues like rubberbanding, disconnects, and other server related issues, and as soon as we have that under control we can start looking closer at gameplay improvements as well as new content and features (check out the What's Next for Conan Exiles[blog.conanexiles.com] page for a glimpse of what we're planning to do).

Right now there are nearly 7700 servers online running Conan Exiles. About 7500 of these are privately run servers, while 200 are official servers hosted by PingPerfect (source: http://topconanservers.com/)

Unfortunately, due to the overwhelming demand for servers and our needs for administrating them, our official partner has been unable to deliver the level of quality and service we require. Because of this we have mutually agreed to end the partnership. We are in the process of finding new partners with the ideal hardware we can move the existing game databases to. However, due to the high demand for Conan Exiles servers, many hosting companies are simply out of the hardware that we need and as such this process might take a few days.

In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and encourage you to play on any of the thousands of unofficial servers that are out there. Many are home to thriving and very welcoming communities. We sincerely apologize to everyone who has played and made progress on the official servers, but we think it is better to deal with this problem now rather than later.
More information.

Well, create your own server. I play single player and really getting into it. There's NPCs.

You're betatesting.

Yes we are. With so many people paying for their own servers, I for one am not worried about officials anytime soon. My brother rented one in the midwest.Speaking of the singleplayer, Ireally hope they add more NPC's and Behavior for them, it has become better in the last week as they are not standing around any more.
Ifs a fun game but very hardcore. You can't just leave your game up and alt tab to something else for long.

I play single player / local host as well right now. After reading all of the issues they were having I figured it would be better to just wait for them to deal with some of the issues first.

I do wonder why it is taking them so long to spin up the new gameservers.com officials but, as stated earlier in this thread, there are only 7000+ other servers to choose from at the moment so not really that big of a deal.

Dev just came out and said no ETA still and it's not an issue with importing the data so "starting fresh" as some are suggesting on reddit and Steam really would not help them. https://www.reddit.com/r/ConanExiles/comments/5ssfzl/dev_update_official_servers_wont_come_up_today/

Back
Top Bottom