Expeditions: Viking - Release Date: April 27

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Expeditions: Viking will be released on April 27:

Expeditions: Viking Release Announcement! Save the Date: April 27th, 2017

Danish indie studio Logic Artists along with distribution partners EuroVideo and IMGN.PRO are announcing that Expeditions: Viking, the highly anticipated sequel to Expeditions: Conquistador, is scheduled for release on April 27th, 2017.

After the warm welcome of Expeditions: Conquistador - Logic Artists’ PC debut title, the developers are finally ready to do it again four years later with a long awaited sequel. Logic Artists is pleased to announce April 27th as the release date of Expeditions: Viking.

Expeditions: Viking features a branching dialogue system that allows the game to manage and react to player choices. We initially estimated a word count of 200,000, but we’ve decided to increase it by an additional 80,000 words to provide players with more content and give them more options and choices on how they progress through the story. Said Ali Emek, Expeditions: Viking Producer.

With that amount of content, managing localization takes more time. We think it’s worth it to make the game accessible to international audience. That’s why we’ve arranged a number of language localizations, so from day one players will be able to enjoy Expeditions: Viking in English, French, German, Polish, and Russian. Emek added.

In addition to this, Logic Artists stated that additional development time will allow them to tweak and balance combat gameplay, implementing new special abilities to the most interesting villains and will also include added flavor and improvements to Expeditions: Viking’s animations.

We received great feedback from the testers after our last closed beta session, and rescheduling the release a bit is allowing us to spend our final weeks of development on improving usability and addressing the bugs reported during the beta test. - Emek adds.

More information about the game can be found on the official website www.expeditionsseries.com where folks can sign up to the official newsletter where they can learn more about the game every month, gain access to the the final closed Beta test, and receive special release week rewards!

More information.

Nice. Sooner than I would've guessed. I'm going to have to hurry with my slow-moving playthrough of Pillars of Eternity. :p

Very nice they added almost double the words which adds more choices and content. That's always a good thing in my book.

I liked the first, but never finished it. I hope there is less resource gathering/managing in this one. Also, I hope the random events are more varied. I think my hunters were attacked by crocodiles about 8 different times on the first island. They were very slow learners.

Said before, after so much fun with Conquistador, to me this is instabuy.

Last edited:
I beta tested this and really enjoyed it, highly recommended. :)

Daniel.

I voted for this game as one I am looking forward to this spring. Love viking stuff and this seems like it could be fun.

@Darklord - thanks for the thumbs up. Hmm should probably think of some questions for it now.

Too many games too little time. The uptick in games the last couple of years has been >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

I know - so many choices. And yet the other day here someone was lamenting how big AAA games were killing the market and stifling their ability to have variety in games.

More games then ever these days it seems with a lot of variety.

Back
Top Bottom